Migraineurs Support User Group
Milk and Migraines........
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
197 members

Milk and Migraines........

I can not remember who posted about milk effecting Migraines, but Thank You so much!  

Several months ago, I started getting the worst Migraines ever.  It felt like someone was taking a screw driver and piercing my head right where my spine attached.  My ears burned and ached aswell.  The pain was so great, that all I could do was beg the ER to nock me out.  After giving up Milk, the new Migraines are gone.  I tested it and I ate a bowl of cereal and drank all my milk.  With in 5 hours, the Migraine came back with a vengeance.  Giving up milk, may be one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I start to feel better and I tell myself a little butter or cocoa will be ok.  Then I get slammed again.

I still have to other kinds of Migraines.  I have with time and meds been able to manage these.  For those who have developed new intense Migraines or Pain, rethinking what you put into your boby may help.  

Hugs to you all!
1 Comment
So glad you were able to discover milk was a trigger for you!
FurballsMom commented on photo
Sep 17
opus88 commented on photo
Sep 17
FurballsMom uploaded new photos
Sep 17