Migraineurs Support User Group
Vertiginous Migraines
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
196 members

Vertiginous Migraines

I'm 46 had migraines that I think we're caused by taking Yasmin/Yaz birth control for endometriosis, had a parial hysterectomy (only 1 ovary left) and the migraines went away for the most part. Have had a few bouts with benign positional vertigo over the years.  Suddenly at the end of December I got so dizzy I could barely walk and was completely nauseated.  Saw my neuro and he says it looks like my migraines have changed to be vertiginous migraines.  Put me back on Zonisimide 50 mg and ramped up to 100 mg ea night now.  I get dizzy far less, but the symptoms are not gone. It is more pronounced when I turn my head right or back and right. How long do these types of headache symptoms last? Does it mean I have a migraine every time I get dizzy?
Tags: Vertiginous migraine, Benign positional vertigo, dizzy, TIRED
1 Comment
I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions but am wondering, in addition to seeing the neurologist about this, have you been (back) to the ear, nose and throat specialist lately?  Have you gotten any physical therapy for the benign positional vertigo?  I have a family member who was greatly helped with this in regards to the ear crystals.
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30
opus88 commented on photo
Jul 30
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30