Migraineurs Support User Group
how'd you all do?
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
197 members

how'd you all do?

With Thanksgiving behind us now, I was wondering how well you think you did pain wise over the holiday weekend.
16%
 (1) 
much worse than expected
16%
 (1) 
worse than expected
16%
 (1) 
about what I expected
33%
 (2) 
better than expected
16%
 (1) 
much better than expected
0%
 (0) 
Other (please explain)
6 Members voted
I felt about about the amount of pain I expected, if not better. However, I totally misjudged the emotional toll that the holiday was going to have on me, and I totally fell apart on Saturday night, which made my migraines to crash the party.

Hope you all did well,

~Dame
Well, I'm in Canada so it wasn't a holiday here for us... but! I did go out of town over the weekend to visit with my family. I went with my dad and we took a plane because we were going to another province. So even though it wasn`t thanksgiving here for us, I did have a holiday weekend anyway! :)

My (mostly chronic) back and neck pain were really awful just before I left... my upper back pain was to the point that I had lost a bit of mobility, I guess you could say I`d thrown my back out, and my right arm still is fairly numb even now. The day before we left, I wasn`t able to move my neck at all and I would say my pain level for the entire day was about at a 6/10 to a 7/10. So, I was fairly worried about traveling and flying. The morning we left though, my pain level had dropped to about a 5/10 with spikes here and there only if I moved the wrong way, so I felt a bit better about traveling. The moment I sat down on the plane though my pain spiked way back up and my body literally would not sit, the muscles just couldn't move that way. My dad got me some pillows though and I was able to arrange them on the seat so that I could sit and so that the flight was comfortable. I also took quite a lot of muscle relaxers... the morning before we left and the again on the plane... to make traveling possible.

When we got to my families, it was wonderful. I love my family so much. At some point during the night, everyone was still having a great time (and so was I) but I got a brutal migraine that completely took over my senses to the point where I felt dizzy, restless and the pain was starting to even make me feel delusional, like things were becoming less and less real. But, I tried to hide it because I didn't want to ruin everything and so I escaped and took my zomig and naproxen and metoclopramide and maybe I ended up taking more of my medications too, I don't remember, I was pretty out of my mind with pain that there were a few minutes there were things got really foggy. But pretty soon the medications worked and I watched the hockey game with my cousins and I was just so happy to be with them. And then I spent more time with my aunt, uncle and my grandma and my cousin's children. And I really wasn't in any pain at all for the rest of the night. But around 1am, even though my dad and my aunt and uncle were still up chatting, I was literally falling asleep while chatting with them, my eyes kept closing... I think it was because it had been a long day for me (I don't usually do that much in a day) and also because of how many muscle relaxers I'd had to take through-out the day for my back. So I excused myself for bed and I slept really well.

The next day we did more family stuff. At one point I had a headache that came on so fast and was so bad that I literally thought I was going to pass out... the pain was bad enough that I literally could not stand up. By the time I was able to move and get to my medication, the headache started to disappear as quickly as it had come on, it didn't last for more than 5 minutes. It felt like a terrible migraine, just fast and it went away on it's own. The rest of the day was pain free and the flight home was okay because I put the pillow behind my neck the moment I got on the plane.

Over all, the weekend was great. And, considering how I felt the day before we left, I would say that my pain level was better than expected. I was able to socialize with my family and participate in everything and my migraines and back/neck pain and fatigue didn't get in the way of anything. It was an excellent weekend! :)
I did better, my one Neuro told me no going anywhere, and be bored. LOL  So I did.  The Keppra evidently helps with pain so that has been a plus.  And my thinking is clearer, which is good, usually. LOL
FurballsMom commented on photo
Sep 17
opus88 commented on photo
Sep 17
FurballsMom uploaded new photos
Sep 17