Aa
A
A
Close
910419 tn?1289487327
when to call back?
I saw my neuro a little over two weeks ago. He increased the dose of one of my meds and told me that if I wasn't markedly better to call him back so we could mess with something a little more and get me more stable. Well.....I'm NOT more stable, as my bi-polar has been kicking my butt and that makes the pain worse. My psych has also been messing w/ some of my other meds to try and stabilize my moods. I see her tomorrow for a check up/adjustment session.

My question is: do I call my neuro today and let him know that I'm still really hurting, or do I wait until after tomorrow after I see what my psych has said to do? I'm terrible at knowing when to call my docs because I don't want them to think that I'm just whining.

thanks,

~Dame
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
681148 tn?1437665191
That's a tough one.  If it's possible to wait, maybe waiting would be better.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
768044 tn?1294227036
That's a really good question to bring up and, like FurballsMom said, a tough one.

I am also often confused as to when to call my doctors back. I have recently started to ask for very specific time-lines from neurologist and all of my other doctors. I ask "when should my next appointment be?", "when should i start to see improvement?", "what should i do if i don't see any improvement? when should i call you if i don't see any improvement?" etc. But, even after doing all of that, I often hesitate or second-guess myself as when I should call.

If I had been in your situation, I may have waited for the psych appointment since it was going to be the next day, unless my symptoms were very severe, in which case I would have called the neurologist or gone to a walk-in clinic or an Emergency Room if necessary.

What did you end up doing in this situation? How did it turn out?

-marilee
Discussion is closed
Cancel
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
7 hrs ago
4730868 tn?1362623278
Blank
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
16 hrs ago
675718 tn?1449992146