when to call back?
I saw my neuro a little over two weeks ago. He increased the dose of one of my meds and told me that if I wasn't markedly better to call him back so we could mess with something a little more and get me more stable. Well.....I'm NOT more stable, as my bi-polar has been kicking my butt and that makes the pain worse. My psych has also been messing w/ some of my other meds to try and stabilize my moods. I see her tomorrow for a check up/adjustment session.

My question is: do I call my neuro today and let him know that I'm still really hurting, or do I wait until after tomorrow after I see what my psych has said to do? I'm terrible at knowing when to call my docs because I don't want them to think that I'm just whining.

thanks,

~Dame
That's a tough one.  If it's possible to wait, maybe waiting would be better.
That's a really good question to bring up and, like FurballsMom said, a tough one.

I am also often confused as to when to call my doctors back. I have recently started to ask for very specific time-lines from neurologist and all of my other doctors. I ask "when should my next appointment be?", "when should i start to see improvement?", "what should i do if i don't see any improvement? when should i call you if i don't see any improvement?" etc. But, even after doing all of that, I often hesitate or second-guess myself as when I should call.

If I had been in your situation, I may have waited for the psych appointment since it was going to be the next day, unless my symptoms were very severe, in which case I would have called the neurologist or gone to a walk-in clinic or an Emergency Room if necessary.

What did you end up doing in this situation? How did it turn out?

-marilee
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28