Migraineurs Support User Group
when to call back?
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
198 members

when to call back?

I saw my neuro a little over two weeks ago. He increased the dose of one of my meds and told me that if I wasn't markedly better to call him back so we could mess with something a little more and get me more stable. Well.....I'm NOT more stable, as my bi-polar has been kicking my butt and that makes the pain worse. My psych has also been messing w/ some of my other meds to try and stabilize my moods. I see her tomorrow for a check up/adjustment session.

My question is: do I call my neuro today and let him know that I'm still really hurting, or do I wait until after tomorrow after I see what my psych has said to do? I'm terrible at knowing when to call my docs because I don't want them to think that I'm just whining.

thanks,

~Dame
That's a tough one.  If it's possible to wait, maybe waiting would be better.
That's a really good question to bring up and, like FurballsMom said, a tough one.

I am also often confused as to when to call my doctors back. I have recently started to ask for very specific time-lines from neurologist and all of my other doctors. I ask "when should my next appointment be?", "when should i start to see improvement?", "what should i do if i don't see any improvement? when should i call you if i don't see any improvement?" etc. But, even after doing all of that, I often hesitate or second-guess myself as when I should call.

If I had been in your situation, I may have waited for the psych appointment since it was going to be the next day, unless my symptoms were very severe, in which case I would have called the neurologist or gone to a walk-in clinic or an Emergency Room if necessary.

What did you end up doing in this situation? How did it turn out?

-marilee
Dee1956 commented on sam
Oct 15
melimeli commented on sam
Oct 15
sam
Oct 15 by drifter0213