Migraineurs Support User Group
when will the migrains go away
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
197 members

when will the migrains go away

Im Barbara and  I recently now found out that I have bad migrians now never had it before I have them 24/7 now  help me how do I get rid of them.
Tags: GO AWAY
Hello Barbara, you need to make an appointment with your doctor and/or a neurologist. There's many types of migraine and varied treatments depending on your type of pain. It would be hard to offer suggestions without any details and I'm not a doctor.

I can tell you that as a spouse who lives with one that has 24/7 migraine pain, it's not easy to live with and I pray you find relief through your doctor.

Be careful what you take over the counter, some meds like Excedrin migraine can actually cause more headaches, called rebound headaches if you take it often.
Your profile says you are over 50 and it is imperative when you experience a migraine for the first time when you are in that age category, that they do a scan of you head to check for abnormalities, to rule out things like a problem w/a blood vessel or a tumor.  This happened w/a loved one of mine and they found a brain tumor, a meningioma, w/ a scan.  She eventually had successful gamma knife surgery.  Have you had a MRA/MRV to look at blood vessels in your head?  Have they done at least a CT scan to look for tumors, etc.?

Also, you need to monitor your blood pressure, as pain can cause it to spike & w/prolonged high blood pressure, your risk for stroke increases.  It is important you and your doctor abort that headache!  Have they tried any medication in an attempt to do this yet?  Have you been referred to a neurologist willing to work with you to find a preventative that works for these migraines?  
FurballsMom commented on photo
opus88 commented on photo
FurballsMom uploaded new photos