Military Health Issues Community
Agent Orange and Retinal Disease

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

Agent Orange and Retinal Disease

I would like to know if there is an increased risk of retinal disease i.e. retinitis pigmentosa, macular degeneration, secondary to agent orange exposure.
I am sorry I do not know about this ,others may , but if you go back to the forums page you will see that we have expert/Doctor forums and an certain there is an eye care forum you would get better info there .good luck to you .
the expert forum is a good start :)
My husband was in Vietnam in 1968.  He was diagnosed this year (2013) with glucoma in one eye.  After seeing a specialist, he was told they were not sure it was glucoma but scarring on the nerves in the retina.  I'm wondering if agent orange had something to do with this since it is a toxin and exposure to toxins can cause scarring on the body.