Athlete's Foot
Hello,

Well, for starters, granted this may not be the only forum that deals with such an issue, yet my girlfriend (1st Lt. US Army - currently deployed overseas) suggested I give it a try nonetheless. So, that having been said, thank you for taking the time to read my posting.

A few weeks ago I noticed that the soles of my feet were dry & that the skin was cracking (as if the bare foot had been dragged across a rough surface...which was not the case). I bought moisturizer so as to soften the skin, yet the rough skin exterior persisted. Then came the itching & burning sensation (feet).

I checked online & found out I had Athlete's Foot  (something I nerver had before & I am baffled as to how I got it in the first place...I read a list as to how it can be gotten, yet none of the scenarios applied to me).

Is the Lamisil AT spray (for the bottom of my feet) a good option? Mycocide (for under the nails of the big toes...infection site is small at this point...far less then 1/3 of the size of a dime...very front of toe nails, right & left, where they come in contact with the flesh of the toes)?

I could kick myself for not realizing the significance of this problem sooner, yet I also have never had to deal with a fungal infection either (ergo my naivity). Well, needless to say I wish I did not have this at all or, at least, realized what it was sooner.

I thank you in advance for all of your help and understanding.

Ben
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
675718_tn?1449992146
i get that when i wear my shoes without socks, itches real bad
Comment
Cancel
675718_tn?1449992146
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535822_tn?1443980380
I see you have posted on the Alternative Med Forum aswell with this question, my only response is from the Dh who says Rum works, I dont know if he means rub it on the affected foot or drink it...probably drink it .
Comment
Cancel
535822_tn?1443980380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello margypops,

LOL

Well, thank you for you input! :o)

Ben
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535822_tn?1443980380
Ha Ha I am sorry warped English  sense of humor thats what he has, I believe that Lamasil works good, i remember him using it once .
Comment
Cancel
535822_tn?1443980380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
try using coconut oil.  Hear it willl clear it up quickly.  But give it time and remember it is oil so be sure to wear socks.  just try it, u won't be sorry.  Take it by mouth as well, it is really good for you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Athlete's Foot
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Military Health Issues Community Resources