Military Health Issues Community
Athlete's Foot

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

Athlete's Foot

Well, for starters, granted this may not be the only forum that deals with such an issue, yet my girlfriend (1st Lt. US Army - currently deployed overseas) suggested I give it a try nonetheless. So, that having been said, thank you for taking the time to read my posting.

A few weeks ago I noticed that the soles of my feet were dry & that the skin was cracking (as if the bare foot had been dragged across a rough surface...which was not the case). I bought moisturizer so as to soften the skin, yet the rough skin exterior persisted. Then came the itching & burning sensation (feet).

I checked online & found out I had Athlete's Foot  (something I nerver had before & I am baffled as to how I got it in the first place...I read a list as to how it can be gotten, yet none of the scenarios applied to me).

Is the Lamisil AT spray (for the bottom of my feet) a good option? Mycocide (for under the nails of the big toes...infection site is small at this point...far less then 1/3 of the size of a dime...very front of toe nails, right & left, where they come in contact with the flesh of the toes)?

I could kick myself for not realizing the significance of this problem sooner, yet I also have never had to deal with a fungal infection either (ergo my naivity). Well, needless to say I wish I did not have this at all or, at least, realized what it was sooner.

I thank you in advance for all of your help and understanding.

Ben
i get that when i wear my shoes without socks, itches real bad
I see you have posted on the Alternative Med Forum aswell with this question, my only response is from the Dh who says Rum works, I dont know if he means rub it on the affected foot or drink it...probably drink it .
Hello margypops,

LOL

Well, thank you for you input! :o)

Ben
Ha Ha I am sorry warped English  sense of humor thats what he has, I believe that Lamasil works good, i remember him using it once .
try using coconut oil.  Hear it willl clear it up quickly.  But give it time and remember it is oil so be sure to wear socks.  just try it, u won't be sorry.  Take it by mouth as well, it is really good for you.