Military Health Issues Community
Medical Documentation and the Navy

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

Medical Documentation and the Navy

So I've been trying to get into the Navy for a while now and am wondering if it's even worth-while to continue trying to get into the Navy. The problem is dealing with past medical issues; in the past I was assigned albuterol (an inhaler) but never had asthma as it was for an illness, had allergies which included seasonal and some non-lethal allergies to certain foods that have since cleared up with time and allergy shots to the point that I have no problems with allergies what-so-ever, and I had a heart murmur as a child. I was able to get cleared of asthma and allergies(as far as I know, not to mention I have never had asthma problems and allergies are no longer an issue) via my allergy doctor who prescribed both treatments for me. However, the heart murmur is another problem altogether; I went and saw a doctor and had an EKG and was told, both in person and in writing, that my heart-rate was normal and that there were no irregularities. I thought all was fine and dandy, I took my ASVAB, got a good score, and now I'm told that the documentation from the EKG wasn't enough and didn't specifically say that it cleared me. The only other thing I can do is maybe an echo cardiogram which, as far as I know, does the same thing as the EKG. Am I wasting my time trying to get into the Navy? I'm afraid that there will be yet ANOTHER doctor visit and that I've just been wasting my time despite doing everything that's been asked of me AND having the proper documentation. Any advice and/or insight to my situation would be extremely helpful.
keep chasing your dreams!