Military Health Issues Community
Nightmares

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

Nightmares

i am having strange dreams of being in the service again, of being back in combat kinda of like the same dream over and over again it's been since 95 that i served and i was diagnosed with PTSD in 94. i posted this a while ago in the PTSD forum but got no feedback. combat is a horrible thing what could i do to sleep better ?
Tags: PTSD
Sometimes the meds you are taking can make you dream if you are taking medication for PTSD check with the Doc as many cause nightmares.Maybe a change is in order .how do you feel during the day do you feel well nothing new stressing you , amy change in enviroment? .
i have tardive dyskinesia now and the congentin i take for it makes me drowsy and i sleep all day you could be right about change. i take klonopin at night and my psychiatrist has been giving me smaller doses i guess it's true about the meds btw i got TD from geodon and he put me back on abilify :)
yup that 'll be it, if you sleep a lot during the day it will affect nightime sleep , and if hes lessening the dose that will not help either ,ask him if  if he has a prescription that will keep you awake during the day . You'll feel better .
thank you for your response i am going to ask him about that when i go see him at the VA on june 2nd . i have to wait it out and hopefully i will get a handle on these dreams i've been having at night maybe i will sleep better :)
I bet you will, I know that even supplements can have a similar affect I was taking 5HTP it really works makes you feel great but with side effects after a while you have to take a break, I found I was dreaming all the time ,I dint like it, so I stopped them and the dreams stopped, but then I took them again later, I think if one takes anything for a while it has some effect..at the moment I am taking something called Sernity formula..makes you feel great it has the herb Rhodiola in it, I havent had any effects yet, so I have asked the good and learned folks on the Alternative therapy forum if they know anything about it...