OPINION
My husband was diagnosed with PTSD/OCD..IU...and Depression, all service connected. The stressors were from being raped for 6 months by Sergeant Major Brodie, and two tours in Viet Nam... This led to alcoholism and suicide attempts (3), and daily thoughts of suicide. Extremely uncontrollable high blood pressure. He was being medicated through the VA and was 100% disabled for all these stressors. Medication had warnings that they could cause massive heart attacks and/or convulsions.

The statement is from a judge to me, in a video conference in Washington DC, was precisely this.... He wants only a opinion from a medical Dr. if these stressors could cause a massive heart attack, Only an opinion.... Not from my husbands medical history, just an opinion.. The judge repeated this several times.

I would appreciate any opinion as to whether this could happen.

Thank you very much..

Jan Laramee
JKJ
I'm sorry to hear what your husband has gone through.  I'm a veteran as well and a victim of MST (military sexual trauma), altough I can't imagine what your husband must have endured.

There are several studies that prove the link between heart disease and depression.  Check on the internet for these...just type it in your favorite search engine.

Also, another good thing to do, since your hubby gets his meds from the VA (as I do also)....make a list of all of his meds, including OTC meds, and go to google and type in "drug-drug interactions".  Use one of those sites to check all of your hubby's drug interactions as this is something the VA doesn't do!!  Trust me...I've been made sick more than once due to medication interactions from the VA.

Is this judge wanting this from your hubby's doc?  Is this for a claim?  If it's for his claim usually it has to come from a physician who has treated you.  But check the internet on the heart disease/depression link...there is alot of stuff out there.
true, i looked up my own drug interactions, i dont trust them to tell me-scotty
I am so sorry and my heart breaks for you.  I have hada claim in for over 4 years....  My husband passed away from a massive heart attack.  He was 100% disabled with all his stressors.  

The judge only wants an opinion from a medical doctor, not his own...I just receive a letter from a DR. that is willing to that!!!!!!!

Thanks for your concern...  You will always be in my prayers...

Jan
Thanks so much for you comments....  Every bit of information tells me that I need to not believe what they are want me to believe..

Have a good evening..

Jan...
JKJ

I am so sorry...as I did not realize that your husband had passed away.  I am very sorry for your loss and please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad that you were able to find a doc to write the needed letter for the judge.
May I ask a question?
Is the VA denying your spousal benefits?  Is this why they need this letter?
None of my business really and you don't have to answer of course...but if it's a claim problem, I know someone who might be able to help.
Take care,
JKJ
Thank you...

I have had a claim in for over 4 years.  Yes, they are denying spousal benefits, saying once the vet dies the claim dies!  They denied me the the first time and I appealed, and that has been over the four years.  I had VA lawyer, since retired, told me that is what they want you to believe...  DO NOT GIVE UP!!  ..so I haven't...  I need to do this for my husband...

I am disabled myself...my husband made sure that I would be taken care of in case of such a travesty.

I CAN USE ALL THE HELP I CAN!  Thank you, sweetheart...  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and thank you for the wanting things right..

Your friend
Jan
JKJ
Over PM, I'll send you the e-mail address of a vet who might be able to help.  If he can't help, he will at least be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.
JKJ