Aa
A
A
Close
Probiotics for troops?
Hi all. My brother is serving in Iraq right now, and from what he tells me, is having a very hard time with some of the food he's served (he's been doing some high-intensity work and has been sometimes eating rations or first-response prepacked meals).

I was wondering whether anyone has heard about how other deployed troops deal w/ this? I guess he hasn't found much medical support over there, or at least nothing that works. I use probiotics, and found one article that mentioned the military using them, which I think is a great idea, but it looks like they are still in research stage (here: http://trueslant.com/katiedrummond/2009/10/03/mre-rations-meals-ready-to-eat/). I thought about trying to get some to him, but they need to be refrigerated...other than that I'm out of ideas but wish I could help. Suggestions?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
535822 tn?1443980380
I am uncertain but I am sure ther are probiotics that are in capsule form other than the yoghort, I will check for you ,
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535822 tn?1443980380
Go to your search engine there are many companies out ther Align is one ,they may have ideas about sending them through the Mail, it is live bacteria so I am uncertain and it may be better for you to google for more answers regarding sending it, , others reading this may help more Good Luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Military Health Issues Community Resources