Military Health Issues Community
Reservist with chest pains and Doctors no clue yet
About This Community:

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reservist with chest pains and Doctors no clue yet

I am in the Air Force reserves. I use to be in great shape, but then I got married and we had children and I didn't work out for awhile. Now I need to get back into shape for the Air Force, but I am having trouble exercising because I am having painful sharp chest pains when I work out. I can feel my heart pounding extremely hard like its going to burst out of my chest, I also accompained by a sharp chest pain that is like a 8.5 out of 10 and is located just left of center of my chest. The pain starts when my body really start to get warmed up. It starts to hurt so I have to go back to walking. It's really frustrating because I want to work up a good sweat but I can't. I have seen a cardiologist and he did a stress test, echocardiogram, chest x-ray, ekg, and CT Angio. The stress test had an abnormality, but all the other tests were clear according to the cariologist. Actually this pain with exercise has been going on for awhile, about 3 years ago I had a stress test done also and it had a minor abnomality but the cardiologist said it was nothing.
So now I am taking acid reducer that my doc perscribed, its been about 5 weeks that I have been taking them but I still get the pains with exercise. I don't want to get in trouble with the air force for fitness but I can't get in shape because of the chest pains when I run. I want to get more tests done, but it is so expensive so I hope they find out whats wrong soon. Air Force Reserves don't pay medical bills only by civilian job does, but they only pay a portion of it. I am also thinking of getting a new doctor because so far she is has no clue, not sure if that will help though.

Hmm... not sure if they symptoms have anything to do with my chest pains but I list all the little things that I have noticed.
- I have difficutly burping
- My legs and arms fall alseep easily
- My blood pressure is a little high, but just barely I think its like the low end of pre-hypertension. I think its like 130/90.