Some Important Claim Information
I recently found out that there are some county veteran service officers (VSOs) who are requiring vets to complete a form that asks for personal financial information when they come to their office asking for help with a disability claim.  This is wrong!  No county VSO has any need for your personal financial information.  If you are awarded a claim, the VA will obtain this information from you directly.  DO NOT give your information to any county VSO!  The form looks to be legit....but it is not.  It asks for your bank account numbers, routing numbers, amount in checking & savings accounts, investments, etc.  

If anyone has come accross a county VSO asking for this type of information, they should be reported.  You can let me know here or send me a PM.
thank you , is this a scam? -scotty
Not sure yet...it's being looked into by a Vet Advocate.  Not real sure if it's an isolated incident to a couple of counties...or if it's widespread.  The only way to find out is to get the word out and ask vets if they've come across any CVSOs asking for this type of information.

We can only hope that it's isolated and will be taken care of promptly.  I'll post more information if it becomes available.
JKJ