Type 1 Diabeties whil in the service with no family history
I was in the US Navy for 9 years and in that time I served 1 tour in Iraq and 1 tour i Afganastan, an while I was there I was made to take the Anthrax vaccine. At age 33,with no family history I became very sick. I was urinating alot drinking alot of water and lost 40 lbs in three weeks. The military doctorse did not test for diabeties because just 9 months prior I ws teted for diabeties since I was stationed on a submarine. The results came back negative for diabeties. For the next 4 months I continued tofeel worst and lossing even more waight. I then whent to see a civilian doctor and he determined me to goto the hospital because I had a blood suger count of 890. So i whent to the military hospital tod them what happened and they discharged me saying (WITH OUT ANY TEST) that I have typ 2 diabetis and that I need to take Madaformin twice daily and drink planty of water. No glucometer, no diet instructions so I whent home and did as i was told. Three days later I could not get out of my bed or even sit up. So my wife brought me to the hospital and when I got thier they checked my blood sugar and it was soo high that the meter could not read itand they sent the blood to the lab. Well when the results returned the lab test showed that my blood sugar was 1600 and that my A1C was at 16.9. They told me I should have been dead. So my question is that is there anyone out there that has had a simular experiance.
Sorry to hear about your diabetes.  I've only heard of one other person who suddenly developed diabetes, but not sure whether he had the anthrax vaccine.

Michael
YES, I DEVELOPED DIABETIES AT AGE 13. NO ONE ANYWHERE IN MY FAMILY HAS DIABETIES. MY SUGER WAS ALSO AROUND 1500 BUT AT THE TIME OF DISCOVERY THEY DID NOT DO A1C. I AM 33 NOW. WHATS YOU QUESTION RESPOND TO ***@****
If you developed Diabeties while on active duty and no family history of it.  Did you put in for Service Connected?  What was your discharge statis?
I do not have diabetes but, I did come down with Epilepsy and Anxiety while on active duty during the Vietnam War Era. 1972 -1982.  My medical records and injuries were all documented in my active duty records by Army Doctors and Army Hospitals.  Yet, the Veterans Administration still will not give me service connection disability.  It has been 26 yrs and nothing yet.  They want even take the words of their own doctors and their diagnoses into account.  They will fight you tooth and nail to keep you from getting disability.  I currently live and depend upon Social Security Disability checks.  The SSA will give you money before the VA would.