Military Health Issues Community
Type 1 Diabeties whil in the service with no family history
About This Community:

This is an un-mediated community for discussions relating to health issues of soldiers who served or are serving in the military. Topics include, but are not limited to Amputation, Anxiety, Back and Spinal Injuries, Benefits, Burns, Biological and Chemical Exposure, Bone Injuries, Depression, Disabled Vets, Gastrointestinal Injuries, Head Injuries, Health Insurance, Infections, Infectious Diseases, Mental Health Issues, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder (PTSD), Resources for Vets, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), Vaccines, Wounds-Other

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Type 1 Diabeties whil in the service with no family history

I was in the US Navy for 9 years and in that time I served 1 tour in Iraq and 1 tour i Afganastan, an while I was there I was made to take the Anthrax vaccine. At age 33,with no family history I became very sick. I was urinating alot drinking alot of water and lost 40 lbs in three weeks. The military doctorse did not test for diabeties because just 9 months prior I ws teted for diabeties since I was stationed on a submarine. The results came back negative for diabeties. For the next 4 months I continued tofeel worst and lossing even more waight. I then whent to see a civilian doctor and he determined me to goto the hospital because I had a blood suger count of 890. So i whent to the military hospital tod them what happened and they discharged me saying (WITH OUT ANY TEST) that I have typ 2 diabetis and that I need to take Madaformin twice daily and drink planty of water. No glucometer, no diet instructions so I whent home and did as i was told. Three days later I could not get out of my bed or even sit up. So my wife brought me to the hospital and when I got thier they checked my blood sugar and it was soo high that the meter could not read itand they sent the blood to the lab. Well when the results returned the lab test showed that my blood sugar was 1600 and that my A1C was at 16.9. They told me I should have been dead. So my question is that is there anyone out there that has had a simular experiance.
Tags: with, type 1, the, nos, in, history, family, diabeties, 1, test, years, negative