A Very Unsettling "Side Effect". . . Advice?
Background: I have had an IUD for about 13 months now and aside from some weird breakthrough bleeding after 10/11 months, things have been going really well with it. I have never had children so I was always worried it would not stay in place as well, but like I said, so far so good until two nights ago...

Something horrifying happened to me that I've never experienced before. I was in the middle of some rather passionate/semi-rough sexual activity. Then, almost instantly a sharp, stabbing pain was shooting throughout my pelvic/abdominal area, stomach, sides, and up into my shoulders almost. There have been moments where my boyfriend has been a little rough and has cause me some minor discomfort post-IUD, but we've always been able to just switch positions and that fixed the problem. This was not the case at all! I tried to reposition, but we ended up just having to stop all together. I could hardly move and was near tears. I felt shaky and sick, partly because I was so scared I think. I went to the bathroom to check for bleeding, but there wasn't any.

I had to sleep propped up on several pillows (nearly sitting up), and while there was still some residual tenderness the next day by the afternoon all the actual "pain" had disappeared. (I was unusually gassy however.) Of course, I began to think of all the possible things that could be going wrong - perforation, displacement, ectopic pregnancy, etc. because that's just how my mind works, so I mentioned it to my best friend who also has an IUD. She said she'd experienced a similar pain before, but attributed it to pelvic inflammatory disease and didn't give me a lot of insight into it.

Two days later, I'm starting to feel a little more pain when I move. It's very dull and faint, almost feeling more like digestive cramps than the pain I was feeling the other night, but still has me paranoid. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any clues as to what it could be? I don't have health insurance so I'm hesitant to go to the doctor if it's not life-threatening.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
NimdaAilil uploaded a new photo
Jan 26
hope1079 new york Comment
Jan 03
hope1079 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 03