456?1254650808
Mirena IUD Side Effects Support User Group
Anyone else had the mirena full 5 years?
About This Group:

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

Founded by kitmis on October 4, 2009
117 members

I am approaching the 5 year mark in February for the mirena removal and I was wondering if anyone else on this board has been able to keep theirs for the full term and if so, did you by chance have more pronounce symptoms toward the end?  The past 2 weeks I have had severe cramping in that region like I have never experienced before.  It isn't a steady cramp - comes and goes and I do believe it is in relation to the mirena.

As far as how it has been for me - I have gained weight that I can't lose and it did cause my face to break out with rosecia (form of acne).  I have lost my periods - I have a very light spotting every 6 weeks.  

I do know though that I have been fortunate with it and it really does play a toll on your body
Tags: 5 years
I have had my IUD for 5 yrs then had it replaced and its been 3 yrs since that. I just started having cramps in the front and my back. Today would be my 3rd day. I've noticed that i start to cramp more in the evening and night. I'm hoping nothing serious. With the acne, i noticed I've had bad back acne for a year and never had it before.  so it may just be the IUD not sure. Overall my experience has been ok. I don't have a cycle, not do I spot.
I have had mine for 4 1/2 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. But the past two weeks I have had pelvic pain, leg aches, lower abdominal pain (especially the left side, which is the side the IUD is on) I have been going crazy trying to see if I am the only one this is happening to when I finally, after an hour searching, found your story. I have also been having extreme bloating and my breasts are so sore and tender. I am almost tempted to take a pregnancy test cuz the symptoms are very similar. What symptoms did you have and have you had it removed?
I had mine for 5 yrs and had it replaced. The first 5 yrs were amazing. Before the iud I had severe cramps heavy bleeding and terrible mood swings so the dr suggested the iud and it took all those symptoms away. In the last month I've had severe migraines, back pain and most recently pelvic pain that deopped me to my knees. I've talked to a girlfriend who has a family memeber who had a stroke due to her iud and she had the same issues I'm having. I have an appt to get it removed.
Wow, I'm surprised how many people I find who have had the Mirena have back pain and I've been suffering with back pain for a year now. Going to the OBGYN today in hopes for some help, I have a theory I have PID now.
suzieq71 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 18
awtwcw1 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 12
passion3flower joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 26