456?1254650808
Mirena IUD Side Effects Support User Group
I'm Pregnant?!
About This Group:

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

Founded by kitmis on October 4, 2009
126 members

I'm Pregnant?!

I have had Mirena not quite 2 years. Since insertion i have had plenty side effects your doc "forgets" to inform you about. I wish now I would have researched this more! The side effects I've encountered are weight gain/bloated, loss of sex drive, mood swings, abdominal tenderness, cysts, depression, hair loss, headaches, pain during intercourse, and PREGNANCY! Up until a couple days ago I just wrote off all the other things. I woke up 2 days ago with extreme abdominal pain.  I went to the ER and give a urine sample. The nurse tells me im pregnant. (I cant tell you how shocked I was, that was the last thing on my mind!) So they tell me because of the amount of pain i had it was probably going to be an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. They did ultrasounds and couldnt find a "baby" but it looked like I had a cyst on my right ovary. I am, however, definitely pregnant its just too early to see. They removed the IUD in the ER, and sent me home to go see the OBGYN the next day(yesterday).  Because of Mirena im at high risk still of ectopic or miscarriage, so I have to go back to the OBGYN tomorrow. As long as the Hcg levels keep going up I should be ok. This form of B/C is said to be the best on the market, but the are being sued now because of a similar situation to mine. I wish they would take it off the market so all of these poor women dont have to go through anymore of this BS. As a matter of fact on the Mirena website there is a FDA link if you want to put in a complaint about it. If enough of us say something maybe we can put an end to it. Good luck girls!~
I am now recovering from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. They couldnt find it because it was behind my colon. I felt fine the day it happened, I was at the park with my family. It came on so sudden, I didnt have a clue what was going on. It was a sharp constant pain, i felt faint. I started dripping sweat from head to toe and shaking. I couldnt move. My husband rushed me to the hospital, and the took me right in and decided to do surgery. They made 3 incisions and stuck a tube in me with a camera and light on the end to find the rupture. They found the ectopic, and a large cyst on my ovary(from mirena). I had 450CC's of blood in my abdomen, and lost a total of 500cc's all together. This has been the worst and scariest thing I've ever gone through! Please think twice about keeping mirena if you have it and have had any complications... This doesnt happen to everyone but are the risks worth it? I dont think so.
IUDs are marketed as being very effective when preventing pregnancy, but they can happen and when they do, there is a higher chance that it is an ectopic pregnancy. Your doctor should have told you about these risks, and should have also told you check to for the strings every month or so, bc when you can't find the strings, thats when it has moved out of place  and stops working.

http://www.publichealthwatchdog.com/what-is-an-ectopic-pregnancy/

Hope all goes well
OMG MEG!!! That is a terrible that that has happen to you. I know your days likely ain't any better with dealing with the effect of it being removed and then the ectopic pregnancy but I totally agree with you, not enough information is given to us about the iud, not to mention the after effect of having it removed. I wish you well girl!!! I know mentally, I have turned to vitamins & minerals for mental health while trying to get off meds for depression. Keep in touch if you need anyone to chat with k
kimmers98 joined this group
Welcome them!
prqasad joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 16
mariabinsk joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 12