456?1254650808
Mirena IUD Side Effects Support User Group
Mirena Horrible Side Effects
About This Group:

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

Founded by kitmis on October 4, 2009
115 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mirena Horrible Side Effects

Just wanted to post my experience with Mirena and for anyone considering the option... I had been on the pill for 10 years and never really had problems with it, however I was tired of all the hormones and wanted to give my body a "break" from it. Also a few years ago, while on the pill I got pregnant and had to get an abortion.
I got the Mirena inserted about 3 months ago... from the get go I started having weird side effects that I put off at first. I always felt bloated, and started gaining a lot of weight ... then the acne began... I had never had problems with breakouts before (despite my teenage years) and since the Mirena I began waking up everyday with at least 5 new breakouts on my face and my skin has gone to ****. THEN there were the extreme mood swings, anxiety, depression... I felt ******* crazy most of the time and would have bouts of serious lowest of the low depression, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts ... I have a history of depression and anxiety but this just amplified it. When I told my nurse before getting it removed about my bouts of anger and irritability she attributed it to the high progesterone due to the mirena. Other strange side effects - ever since I got it inserted I had a strange smell down there that wasn't my normal scent... it made me feel constantly self conscious and not like myself.  I also had other strange side effects such as muscle pain and twitching, and joint pain in my hands and wrists... I researched a lot of forums about people experiencing similar symptoms and figured it was about time to get this horrible thing out of me. I could not wait ANY longer. I'm so glad it's out now and I hope I lose the weight... I can't fit into any of my clothes and it's honestly the worst 3 months i've experienced.
Recent Activity
Blank
passion3flower joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 26
Blank
wils70 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 09
Blank
mom_to_two_lovlies joined this group
Welcome them!