Mirena Horrible Side Effects
Just wanted to post my experience with Mirena and for anyone considering the option... I had been on the pill for 10 years and never really had problems with it, however I was tired of all the hormones and wanted to give my body a "break" from it. Also a few years ago, while on the pill I got pregnant and had to get an abortion.
I got the Mirena inserted about 3 months ago... from the get go I started having weird side effects that I put off at first. I always felt bloated, and started gaining a lot of weight ... then the acne began... I had never had problems with breakouts before (despite my teenage years) and since the Mirena I began waking up everyday with at least 5 new breakouts on my face and my skin has gone to ****. THEN there were the extreme mood swings, anxiety, depression... I felt ******* crazy most of the time and would have bouts of serious lowest of the low depression, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts ... I have a history of depression and anxiety but this just amplified it. When I told my nurse before getting it removed about my bouts of anger and irritability she attributed it to the high progesterone due to the mirena. Other strange side effects - ever since I got it inserted I had a strange smell down there that wasn't my normal scent... it made me feel constantly self conscious and not like myself.  I also had other strange side effects such as muscle pain and twitching, and joint pain in my hands and wrists... I researched a lot of forums about people experiencing similar symptoms and figured it was about time to get this horrible thing out of me. I could not wait ANY longer. I'm so glad it's out now and I hope I lose the weight... I can't fit into any of my clothes and it's honestly the worst 3 months i've experienced.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
NimdaAilil uploaded a new photo
Jan 26
hope1079 new york Comment
Jan 03
hope1079 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 03