456?1254650808
Mirena IUD Side Effects Support User Group
Mirena Horrible Side Effects
About This Group:

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

Founded by kitmis on October 4, 2009
115 members

Mirena Horrible Side Effects

Just wanted to post my experience with Mirena and for anyone considering the option... I had been on the pill for 10 years and never really had problems with it, however I was tired of all the hormones and wanted to give my body a "break" from it. Also a few years ago, while on the pill I got pregnant and had to get an abortion.
I got the Mirena inserted about 3 months ago... from the get go I started having weird side effects that I put off at first. I always felt bloated, and started gaining a lot of weight ... then the acne began... I had never had problems with breakouts before (despite my teenage years) and since the Mirena I began waking up everyday with at least 5 new breakouts on my face and my skin has gone to ****. THEN there were the extreme mood swings, anxiety, depression... I felt ******* crazy most of the time and would have bouts of serious lowest of the low depression, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts ... I have a history of depression and anxiety but this just amplified it. When I told my nurse before getting it removed about my bouts of anger and irritability she attributed it to the high progesterone due to the mirena. Other strange side effects - ever since I got it inserted I had a strange smell down there that wasn't my normal scent... it made me feel constantly self conscious and not like myself.  I also had other strange side effects such as muscle pain and twitching, and joint pain in my hands and wrists... I researched a lot of forums about people experiencing similar symptoms and figured it was about time to get this horrible thing out of me. I could not wait ANY longer. I'm so glad it's out now and I hope I lose the weight... I can't fit into any of my clothes and it's honestly the worst 3 months i've experienced.
passion3flower joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 26
wils70 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 09
mom_to_two_lovlies joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 28