456?1254650808
Mirena IUD Side Effects Support User Group
Strange Issues
About This Group:

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

Founded by kitmis on October 4, 2009
110 members

Strange Issues

Hey everyone, I have been having some strange symptoms and I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat. I got my mirana put in 3 years ago. I have not had any children but the doctor said it has now been FDA approved for women without children. For the first 1 1/2-2 years it was great, almost no period, no pain/tenderness, NOTHING. Then recently, within the last year, my fiancee pointed out that I went from a normal sex drive to NONE. I didn't think much of it with starting a new high stress job and all other life things, but then other symptoms began occurring. First started the discharge. It was right before my period, but now its all the time. Its cottage cheese like (like a yeast infection) and smells. Also, I went from normal periods with little cramping before the IUD, to no period during the 1st year of the IUD to now SEVERE cramping and periods. Finally, the mood swings. I have days that I feel depressed and horrible and am tired all the time. I have no energy and no libido. I finally scheduled a doctor appt (getting one with kaiser is like pulling teeth) for May 1 to discuss this with my DR but I feel like I should be better informed if this has been happening to other women per-childbearing (since the IUD is only just now being put in us) or if this is novel. Please let me know :) Thanks EVERYONE!
1 Comment
I have experienced almost identical symptoms. I've had my IUD Mirena for over one year.  I've never had any problems until a few months after my IUD was inserted. I am very unhappy with the results. I was informed by Kaiser that
I will have no side effects from IUD. I was convinced that it was the safest method from side effects. I will get my IUD removed. Did you get your IUD removed? Did your body return to normal? and free from symptoms
redheadaussie Yet another surgery next we... Comment
Apr 23
lilbenitezfam joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 18
Stef110 Boys are 14 months, crazy! Comment
Mar 22