mirena in for 4 years
i have had the iud in for almost 4 years now. at first i had normal bleeding, 6 months to a year later it was light bleeding. i had a period every 6 months or so and they lasted maybe 3 days or so. i had all the mood swings,weight gain here recently. i thought i was going crazy. bipolar runs in my family so i was for sure thats what it was. but after reading that other women had major mood swings i know it is the iud. i am going to go get it removed bc i have gained a good bit of weight and i am very unhappy. yea i thought the iud was going to be great. but after having it for awhile it seems the real problems kick in. if u have had it for awhile and feel the same, or not please comment. what kind of birth control should i use after i get the iud out?? my husband and i are not ready for another one right now. thanks
Hi I have had the mirena in for just over 4 years and just a few weeks ago i started to have major mood swings leading to a massive emotional breakdown apparently from the mirena iud after 4 years. I had been advised that they have a 5 year shelf life i had never ever had any previous problems with the mirena it has been great til the last three weeks. I dont know wether to have another one put in but its been best for me but no one ever tells u about the side affects.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
InPainInVT joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
Riley33 joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 15
MadAtMirena joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 18