Miscarriages Community
5 weeks and bleeding "jelly" red

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

5 weeks and bleeding "jelly" red

I am 5 weeks along. 34 years old, two pregs resulting in two births prior. I started spotting brown this morning, bleeding brighter red as the day goes on, not as heavy as a period. I have stained three pads today, but not real bloody. When I sit on the toilet I drip "jelly" like red blood but no cramps or clots. Saw my Dr. and had vag u/s showing gest. sack and all seemed well. At four weeks I had a blood test and it showed low hgh levels. I never bled in either of my other pregnancies and know that I am more than likely on the path of miscarriage. I am just looking for a glimmer of hope that this can be normal too.
Yes bleeding in pg is very common. I'm 13 wks pg and I have been bleeding for a few weeks now. I'm having cramps and clotts and my baby is fine. Sorry tmi. Remember every pg is different. This is the 1st pg I'm on bed rest and this is my 4th baby. Anything can happen in pg. Have you called your dr to set up a u/s or have your levels checked. My levels were low with this pg as well so that is quite normal too. I wouldn't lose hope. I know it's hard not to panic but try not too. Just get to the dr asap. Take care and best wishes to you. Let me know what happens......
Hugs,
AP
Welcome to our community!
It has been 24 hours since the bleeding started and it has not increased but is steady and red. Sorry to be so graphic but it drips out when I sit down. Still no cramps, or at least ones that I notice, and I have had two small clots but nothing more. At what point do I call my Dr. back and ask for a blood test or do I just wait and wait and wait? Has anyone experienced this level of bleeding and still carried a healthy preg? I am grasping at hope.
I also bled at 5wks, I went straight to the ER, they took blood to check my levels which were fine, they also did a vag u/s and saw the hb and everything looked fine. The next day I had a regular u/s at my Drs and they found a small tear in my placenta. I was put on bed rest and had a u/s every wk until it went away.By 8-9wks it was gone.I would put in a call to your Dr and take it from there. I wish you all the best. Let me know how things go.

Lori
I'm having a very similar situation.  I am 4wks6 days pregnant and I have been bleeding now for 10 days.  It slowly increases in amount every few days and the bleeding is bright red (used to be pink or brown).  I have had my hcg levels checked twice and they doubled as they were supposed to.  I also had my progesterone levels checked and they were fine.  I'm not sure what is causing the bleeding for me and I of course worry about a possible miscarriage.  I am due for an ultrasound in two weeks to check for baby's heartbeat.  I have a toddler and when I was pregnant with him, I never had any bleeding.  How are things going with your pregnancy?  
Hi ajensen,
  When I got pregnant with my first I got what I thought was my period, I didnt know that I was pregnant and I bled for about 4 days, a bit lighter then my regular period.
   Not to scared you or anyone else but I just had a m/c at about 7 weeks. I started bleeding a brownish color, then started bleeding heavly! Went to my dr. and was sent in for an v u/s, at the u/s everything was fine and I heard the hb and saw it, I even saw fetal movment, unfortunately the day after the u/s I m/cied....
Everyone is different and some bleeding is not always a threat.
Good luck
keep us posted