Miscarriages Community
5wks 3 days...no heartbeat...no fetal pole..no yolk sac

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I had an ultrasound at 5 wks 3 days and there was no heartbeat or fetal pole detected.  I suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome as well.  My doctor said that he would like to do another ultrasound in 7 days and if no heartbeat is detected I should schedule a D&C.  I think it is too soon.  This is my first pregnancy and I am so nervous!
Hi ya i had a m/c 3 weeks ago on the 30th Oct, i was 6 weeks along when i had a scan and they told me there was no heartbeat and i had miscarried. I had gone for a scan a few days earlier and the baby waas showing at 5 weeks 4 days and the heart was beating then as we saw it. I'm not 100% why they are saying you need a D&C so soon whether it has something to do with your Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome but i was told i would only need a D&C if i hadn't stopped bleeding 2 weeks after the miscarriage. I was lucky and cleared it all naturally and within a week i had stopped bleeding. This was and is hopefully my only m/c i have 2 children already and will hope to start trying again soon. Best of luck and sorry for your loss.
I think it is too soon. They don't expect to hear a heartbeat until around 6 weeks. I went through that with my youngest son. And eventually he popped up and there was his heartbeat. Are you sure that your dates are right? I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers...Let us know what happens
I'm sorry you are going through this. My dr tod me that you can't see the baby until your hcg levels are over 1000 or more. It may in fact be too soon. Have you had your blood levels checked are they still rising or declining. I would wait and then maybe in the mean time ask a girlfriend for the name of her dr I did and my bff and I have the same dr. I think you should get a 2nd opinion. I wish your frist experience didn't have to be so traumatic. I wish you so much luck and let me know how everything works out.

Welcome to our community!!!! Lots of sticky baby dust to you!!!!
way too soon..  wait it will be there
I think it is too soon too.  I think the doctor is trying to base my due date on my last cycle which was in Sept.  Since i'm very irregular, I think that I didn't get pregnant until late October...This is my first pregnancy and I just don't know what to do!  
I would definitely ask for a blood HCG level.  I had a similar thing happen with my son.  When I went in the first time, we didn't see a heart beat.  When I went a week later, things were moving along great and there he was.  My dr said if my HCG were over 1000 I should see something and if they were over 3000 he would expect to see a heart beat.  Don't be afraid to ask for what you think you need.  Good luck, and keep us posted.
Well your in the right place for support! When that happened to me my dr. had me come in every few days for bloodwork to check my levels. And like I said they continued to do u/s. I cried and cried and cried some more. My dr.'s had me thinking that there was no baby and it turned out fine. This time though the dr.'s told me that everything was okay and that my dates were way off. Then I went on to m/c. So I really pray that it works out for you like it did with my son!
I've been crying so much that I don't think I have any tears left.  I have an appointment (with a new doctor) tomorrow.  Based on my last cycle I should be 9 wk 1 day and my gestational age is 5 wk 3 day. Isn't is possible for me to have ovulated in Oct with no cycle?  If so, then my dates can be way off.  I don't know....
As of Sunday at the ER my HcG levels were at 11,000.  I haven't had anymore cramping or bleeding since then.  So I guess now I have nothing else to do but wait...and it *****!
When did you get a positive HPT?
Hi am in the same boat but my dr wanted to do the d&c right away. I chose not to. I with the support of so many great people on this site have been able to get through this. I know the waiting is hard and it sounds like you have a great dr.  I only spotted for a few hours but when I went in she didn't see a heartbeat and wanted to do a d&c that Wednesday but I couldn't do it. She rescheduled it for Friday, but I cancelled again.  She tried to reschedule for Monday but this time I told her no. She seemed upset with me, but o-well for her.  Still no spotting or cramping.  I know that all this waiting feels like your in limbo but just hold on and visit often.  You will find a great deal of support here. BTW I too suffer from PCOS and I'm 34yrs apparently a double whammy.  It took many years of ttc to see some result.  I know how hard it is to wait. They told me my baby died on th 14th but I have no symptoms that I'm miscarrying yet. So lets together keep our fingers,legs,toes,eyes, and whatever else we can crossed. Not trying to make lite but I've cried so much there are no more tears in me and then with this holiday coming it's harder if that's poss.
Dont get a D&C right now. my first u/s at 5 weeks showed a sac and thats it. then at 5 weeks 6 days we saw a little blob with a beating heart. i know some women who's baby wasnt detected with a h/b untill 6 1/2 -7 weeks. ive gone through 2 prior miscarriages. are you having any pain or spotting?
No pain or spotting since Sunday when the ultrasound was done.  I have an appointment tomorrow with a new practice who deals with high risk pregnancies.  I'm hoping for the best.  Thanks for giving me hope!
That's the funny thing...all my HPT were negative so I went to the doctor on Nov 11 because i just didn't feel right and they did blood work to check my hormone levels (because of the PCOS) and that's how I found out I was prego.  The last neg HPT was probably nov. 3 (i think)
Maybe you are really off on the dates.. Some women can O during AF, you never know. You could have O'd at any time really...(hopefully)
I have an appointment with a new doc today at a office that specializes in high risk pregnancies....I'm so scared.  I know I should be hopeful, but it just hurts so bad because I feel like I did everything right.  I finished college, I married my high school  sweetheart, and now I'm carrying a baby that I'm waiting to miscarry...and tomorrow is thanksgiving....We are supposed to spend it with family, but I just want to sit home on my couch...