Miscarriages Community
6 weeks pregnant and low progesterone

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

6 weeks pregnant and low progesterone

Hello I am new to this website and community but I am hoping to get some advice. Anything that you can post would be so greatly appreciated.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and my doctor had me go for routine blood work on friday. Monday the results came back and they called me and told me that my progesterone levels were very low at a 8.18. I retested on Monday and Tuesday ( yesterday) they called and said that the result are not good and that the progesterone has actually lowered to a 6. I was told that this is very, very low and the baby is probably not viable. They sent me for an ultrasound and told me to be prepared because the probability that the baby is healthy or even alive is slim to none. I went fearing the worst but the ultrasound showed a healthy baby, sac and strong heartbeat of 125. I was crying and just thanking God for the good results. Now my doctor prescribed 200 progesterone tablets to take one at night. Have anyone had there progesterone that low and still had a healthy pregnancy? have the progesterone helped? My doctor told me that he still isn't convinced that the pregnancy is healthy. Any info would be great. Thank you in advance!

Jen
I believe the tablets are to help with progesterone levels, to help raise them because yes they are very low. That was a good move by your Dr sometimes they perscribe the Progesterone in suppositories. They give to hopefully go on to have a good chance on having a full pregnancy. The same thing happened to my friend she was given the suppositories and she delevered a healthy boy. Its a good sign you seen the baby and baby has a good hb. Try not to worry so much I know its very hard not to but you dont want to add on stress to you or baby :) I hope this was a little bit comforting. Good luck with everything!