6 weeks pregnant and passing clots
Hello everyone, I just wanted to post this to see if anyone had a similar experience resulting in a full-on miscarriage or otherwise.

I am about 6 weeks pregnant and started spotting brown 2 weeks ago. About 3 days ago, the spotting turned red and yesterday and today I've had two periods of about an hour each where I'm passing quite big clots, like about a half inch by 2 inches. I have experienced absolutely *no* pain or cramps. Is this a full-on miscarriage? I guess I shouldn't hold out too much hope considering the size of the clots, but I'm not having any cramps or pain so I'm not sure what to think.

I'm waiting for this period of clots to stop and then I'm heading to the emergency room to see what they say.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this.  I experienced the same thing and sad to say had a full on miscarriage.  If you are wanting to go to the emergency room there is no need to wait till the bleeding stops. I hope everything goes well for you and that this turns out to be nothing.
I would have an ultrasound and bloodwork to see if things are going ok.  Good luck.
I've had pain with all my miscarriages so you might be ok.  I have heard of ladies having bleeding and passing clots and they didn't miscarry.  You should go have an ultrasound as soon as possible though.  Good luck!
I'm sorry you are having this problem. I just experienced the same thing on the 16th of this month at 12 weeks. The doctor informed me that I had a very little chance of a miscarriage since I was so far along. It happened! If the blood remains brown I would say your ok but it it turns bright red then that is not good. It is very common to have a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I'm so sorry and I pray you don't have to go through the same thing I just went though.
I had a miscarriage last November.  I didn't have 'pain' as much as I had cramping - like mini contractions.  It first started with brown spotting, then turned red, then I started with clots and then it was a full on miscarriage.  The whole process from spotting to miscarriage took less than 24 hours.  I didn't have any pain until the last 2 hours.

I'm sorry that you're going through this.  I know how scared you are.  When I called my doctor when the red blood and clots started he said I could go to the emergency room if I wanted, but it would take hours for them to see me, then a tech would do the ultrasound (rather than a doctor who can acutally tell you what they see) and after all was said and done, there wouldn't be much they can do anyway.  It's probably best to save yourself that experience and wait and see your regular doctor.

Either way, I wish you the best.  Good luck!
Hello, thank you for everyone for your comments. I was going throug a pad in half an hour and having large clots so I ended up going to ER at about 2am. After blood tests, they said my hcg seemed "ok" and an internal exam showed my cervix was closed. The bleeding stopped at about 5am, a good 12 hours after it had started. I'm to go back for blood tests in 48 hours to see if the hcg is going up or down. I'm so scared.
Let us know how you go - fingers crossed your HCG has gone up not down.