Miscarriages Community
7 weeks spotting and cramping?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

7 weeks spotting and cramping?

I am about 7 weeks and I have recently been experiencing cramps and some light red spotting. I am worried that I may be having the first signs of a miscarriage. Help?
First off calm down, have you been to the Dr? If not then go see the Dr. they can check you and see if there is an issue. Some women spot while pregnant especially after a pap smear, you may not be 7 weeks for sure it could be implantation bleeding. The only way to know for sure what is going on is to go to the Dr. They can test your blood for your hcg levels and see if its within normal range or not. That will let them and you know what is going on. Good luck  
Hi and Im sorry that you are not feeling well. I know how scary all this is. While it is common to spot at times during pregnancy you really need to get checked out by a doctor to rule out any potential issues. If the bleeding and cramping get worse you should go to the ER or call your doctor. They can draw blood and check your HCG levels and progesterone levels and also do a intra-vaginal ultrasound. Im saying prayers that all will be well for you. Take good care and keep us posted. (((hugs))))~Bkitty
If just spotting, this is fine... If it becomes more like your periods, just go to hospital for them to check... All the best...
I have 4 children but was pregnant six times so I have had 2 miscarriages.  The first miscarriage, there were no warning signs, I just started bleeding very heavy and cramping.  The second miscarriage I never spotted or cramped, I just went for a normal 9 week check up and the baby had  no heart beat..  After the second miscarriage I got pregnant again within 4 months and spotted after sex at about 7 weeks with that baby, but everything was fine.  The pregnancy progressed normally and I have a beautiful little boy. Spotting and light cramping in itself does not necessarily mean you are having a miscarriage.  My advice, go to the doctor or ER as soon as possible, they can do a hcg level test and vaginal ultrasound.    The best of luck. You and your baby are in my prayers.