Miscarriages Community
8 weeks and 4 days pregnant

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

8 weeks and 4 days pregnant

I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I've been spotting on and off for just a week. It started off pinkish-brown the first time, second time orange-red, and now reddish with clots of maroon. Looks just like my regular period i would normally get. This morning I woke up and was bleeding. I called the hospital to see if i had a miscarriage or not. As I was at the hospital a midwives nurse informed me that my cervix is fine but, I was bleeding a little bit from my uterus. Surely, enough I knew there was not possible way for my baby to be okay. The midwife said that by tonight i would period out all the bleeding. Hearing this news is so hurtful. I was hoping and praying that my baby would be fine. I haven't done an ultrasound yet so, I am not sure if the baby has a heart beat or not. If there is anyone out there with the same problem, please help me out. What do I do? I just can't believe it so easily that I have a miscarriage right now.
If youogr cervix is closed, you may have what is called a subchorionic hemorrhage... It's where the sac detaches a bit from the uterus wall which in return causes bleeding and sometimes clots. Some people don't bleed at all while others can bleed like a period and some may bleed heavy... I had one diagnosed at 7w5d... If that is what it is, the vast majority of them clear up on their own by 20 weeks.. And the miscarriage rate from the hemorrhage is very low... At 23 weeks mine was completely gone and I just had a healthy baby 6 weeks ago.. I had the bleed BAD... I was laying down and all of a sudden felt a gush of blood, ran to the bathroom and large clots started falling out of me.. I thought for sure I had another miscarriage... Went to the ER had an ultrasound and there was my strong little beans heartbeat.. If you're not having any cramping that's also a good sign as usually they cause no pain...

Do you have an u/s and or bloodwork soon? If not, I suggest you go see your OB or GP to get an u/s asap ... I wish you the best of luck and if you have any other questions feel free to inbox me
No! I didn't go to the ER. But, I did call a on call doctor. They told me it could be an early sign of miscarriage or an infection. As the week went by I was doing okay until, 5 days later started spotting again. Then, on Saturday I was spotting a lot more. And by Monday morning i had blood everywhere. Til' this day I am still bleeding and I've done a blood scan and my hormone levels are still high but, when I went in for an ultrasound yesterday there was no heartbeat. And the results I've gotten back from the ultrasound today says, I am  5 weeks. But, they also said that the fetus died since it entered the uterus. So, i had a miscarriage months ago.
I m sorry honey... Believe it or not but every 1/4 pregnancy end up in mc. Every pregnancy has a chance between 20/25% to get terminated from as early as 1 week up2 12 weeks. After tht chances drop to 15% from 12weeks - 22wks in some countries upto 24wks. After tht it drops significantely to 1-2% as theres a 50% chance of saving baby.
Early miscarriages happen due to abnormalities in baby so its not any ones fault. Dont worry alot of women carry on with normal pregnancy after there 1st mc. So chin up hun. And relax... Take care of ur self...
Thanks!! I understand but, honestly i had about 4 miscarriages already and i'm starting to get scared because, of this matter. I know that if it is meant to be than it will be. But, I won't start trying I deserve to be happy and have my own family.
U need to speak to doctor if u r having recurrent miscarriages... As thy will hve to perform testings on u to see what could be the problem... U should not take things lite. . Especially if u had 4 mc... Take care of urself n have faith..
I agree, after 3 recurrent miscarriages, your Dr should be starting tests to see if they can find a cause.

I know how hard it is. I had 4 consecutive miscarriages. It definitely takes a toll emotionally
Thanks for your motivation and help!
Thanks for the advice.