Miscarriages Community
90bpm measuring 6 wks when should be 8 wks

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I had my first u/s a week ago when I should have been 7 wks.  The tech could not find and embryo but said my cervix was closed and I measured at 5 wks and 5 days.  The doc told me to go back in a week.  I went back today (7 days later) and at first she could not find it and then found an embryo that had a <90bpm and measured 6 weeks.  

Today is Dec 21st.  We last had sex on Nov. 11 and I took an ovulation test.  I was marking all of this on the calendar.  

We were fully prepared to be told today that I miscarried, but now are caught in another week of waiting for what?  Will I miscarry?  If not, is there something wrong with this child?  

We have a 20 mos. old daughter that had a strong hb at 6 weeks and was a normal pregnancy.  

If the hb is still <90bpm, do we still wait to miscarry or do they suggest a D&C normally?  If I have a D&C, how long do we have to wait to try again?  
I'm also in a waiting game with my very abnormal pregnancy... The sac is very small but the baby has a heartbeat. They put me on progesterone to support the pregnancy and hopefully hold off miscarriage and give it a chance to grow.

Anyway, if things don't end up working out, I definitely prefer a d & c over a miscarriage for two reasons: 1. my last miscarriage was incredibly painful for 6 long days... then it took 6 weeks for my cycle to resume; 2. if I have a d & c, they can do a chromosome analysis of the embryo and possibly give us some answers as to what happened.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!
Eirlis - I am not sure I feel the same about a D&C because I would have to wait a year to get pregnant again.  I am 34 and my husband is 39.  We have one child, but we were trying to keep their ages closer and our ages younger. :)
I hope everything does turn out.  Every pregnancy can be different.  Is there a medical reason your dr want's you to wait a year before trying if you do decide to get a D&C?  I've never heard anything about needing to wait longer if you have a D&C.  I had my miscarriage and for me the D&C was by far the best option.  I had a missed miscarriage and after 5 weeks there was no sign of my body actually letting it go.  for me the D&C went very well and I have recovered well.  the end of last week I ovulated and expect AF in a week or two then we plan to start trying.
Why would you have to wait a year after a d & c? Usually you only need to wait 1 cycle. If your doctor is telling you to wait a year, I'd get a second opinion.
My doc asked me wait 2-3 cycles after my d&c.. 1 year sounds like too long..
I had my first misscarriage back in Aug of 09 and since I was 18 weeks along but the baby was on 15 weeks gestation she had me deliever the baby.She told me she didnt want to do a d&c. Which I was glad that I didnt because I got to see the baby and hold it as well. and after I dilivered they did all of the tests and couldnt find anything. The doc told me to wait until my hormone level is to negitive.