Miscarriages Community
A Threatened Miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

A Threatened Miscarriage

I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I went into the ER at 4 weeks and they did a unltrasound.... saw the baby. At 8 weeks, I started bleeding, cramping, and had one big blood clot. I went into the ER again and they did a ultrasound.... didn't see a baby and Hcg levels are 1300 (I think that's the number they said). They called it a Threatened Miscarriage and they put me on bad rest until I stop bleeding and cramping. And to go to a obgyn within a day or two to see if my hcg levels have increased and for another untrasound to see if they can see the baby. It's now a day later and I'm stopped cramping and have stopped bleeding as much as I was. My boyfriend thinks I've already miscarried and that big blood clot was the baby, but I don't believe so. He thinks I shoudn't be on bed rest and go to work but I think I'm still pregnant and I'm following the doctor's advice to be on bed rest until I stop bleeding. I don't know what to do or think. If anyone have been through this before please help...
I would do as the dr said because you never know...i hope you the best and hope that you didnt lose your little one
Following Dr.s orders I think would be the right thing to do what can it hurt
I'm more of the line that if your going to miscarry there is not alot you can do if anything to stop it, so with the ones that I have had I've always just gone about my business and done what I had to do, your boyfriend maybe right, you may have passed everything, you may have had a blighted ovum, thats when everything stops developing early, usually before the baby has formed, so before six weeks, the body can still think its pregnant for a times as the placent can grow, it just takes a while for the body to realise that no baby has grown, I would def do as they say regarding seeing an obgyn, if indeed your hcg level was 1300, this is quite low for 8 wks, hopefully everything is progressing and you find that you have a sticky little bean, good luck