Miscarriages Community
After a Miscarriage at 22 weeks
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

After a Miscarriage at 22 weeks

Hi

This is my first pregnancy and I am 22 weeks today but our pregnancy will not be progressing due to our baby haveing turners syndrome which is one chromosome missing, this has caused sever cystic hygromas and hydrops.  Our consultant has said he would be suprised if our baby made full term and if she did then she would proberly not survive for very long.  We will be revisiting the doctor on Friday to confirm we will not be proceeding, this has been the hardest decision of our lives and I feel like my heart is in two.  I dont think I can see the baby after it is delivered as I feel the only way I can cope with this is to not associate the baby with being a baby if that makes sence.  I have been reading some forums and alot of people have said they have had funerals after a miscarriage at this stage and I now feel guilty that I dont want to see the baby when it is born.  Are we meant to hold a funeral at this stage??.  Im very confused at the moment at how I should feel I dont think this has yet sunk in.  Please any advice would be appreciated