Anyone have a D&E for pregnancy loss in the second trimester?
We just lost our baby at 16 weeks.  I had a D&E last week, and things have been very unusual.  Saturday night I was due to take my last dose of Methergine, after accidentally skipping a dose.  Just before taking it, I finally started bleeding.  I had only spotted for 4 days until then.  I started gushing a constant stream of blood, and just kept waiting for the Methergine to kick in.  It worked and stopped the bleeding.  I called my doc the next morning, and they gave me 2 more days worth of methergine and said we should wait and see what happens.  I grew increasingly uncomfortable physically during those 2 days, but still no bleeding.  I took the last dose christmas morning, and it wore off late that night.  When it did, I started getting labor like contractions.  It was awful.  I literally felt like I was in labor and was breathing through the contractions.  I thought for sure it was my body preparing to work out pushing out a clot or something, but I never, ever bled - nothing.  And I haven't since.  That night I took some percocet and was able to sleep.  Since then, very little pain, and still no bleeding.  Not even spotting.  I'm wondering if my uterus just went into spasm after the methergine wore off since it was clamped up in lockdown from it for so long?  I have no idea.  I keep waiting to bleed and nothing is happening.  Just wondering if I'm out of the woods yet and if anyone experienced anything like this?
I lost mine nov 18 at 17 weeks due to medical negligence.  They gave me morphine and my babe couldn't take it. Im sorry for your lost