Miscarriages Community
Bad lower back and abdominal pain nearly 2 months after d & c

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Hello, I had a d & c due to miscarriage almost 2 months ago. Since then I've been having bad lower back and a feeling of stretching and cramping in my lower abdomen. I went for a check up 2 weeks after the procedure and mentioned the pain but the doc wasn't to concerned. The pain lasted and I went to my family doc and I mentioned the procedure and asked if it could be due to the procedure and she said no. She didn't know what it was so she gave me pain meds and exercises. So then about 2 weeks after that the pain in my lower abdomen got pretty bad so I went to the hospital. I of course mentioned the procedure and with no tests they said no it shouldn't be that. And they said I had a bladder infection and if my back still hurts I'll need an MRI. So I'm wondering has anyone experienced this after a d & c? And if so what was wrong. I'm so scared that it could be from the procedure and now something is wrong.
Tags: Miscarriage, D and c pain, d & c, D and C
Has your period returned since the dnc??
Yes it came back about 5 weeks after
That's great.  Is it different?  Is the pain all the time or at certain times during your cycle??
Unfortunately the pains are all the time even as we speak. The hospital thinks it could maybe be nerve related or disc related. I'm also get shooting pains down my thighs. I just wish somebody would have done an ultra sound just to make sure there is nothing wrong inside because I def. Want to try having another baby. And to rule out that it wasn't the procedure that's causing all this pain... I just find it weird that the pain has been only since the mc and d & c.
It's had to get doctors to believe things are wrong.  I don't understand.  I was kind of wondering if you have some scar tissue from the dnc, but it sounds like something more??  I hope you figure out what is doing on...keep bugging them!!  Don't let up!!!
Thanks so much for your support :) My next step is to make an appt. With my ob and I'll really press the issue on an ultra sound. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
When they carry out the D&C to remove the tissue, sometimes some is left behind, so pressing for the ultra sound was a smart idea, but it's said that if tissue is left then you wont have a period at all. Hoping all goes well 4 u. x
I am going though the same right now. I didn't have a D&C but had a missed miscarraige (miscarriage) and miscarried naturally a little over 2 weeks ago and I have been having those pains exactly how u explained. My doc also disregarded my concern. I feel like its steadily getting worse everyday. Did u happen to figure out what it was? I don't think I can go another 2 weeks feeling like this :(
Did you find out? I am experiencing back pain & stomach pains as well. I had a still birth sept.1 & in October I started having stomach pains where I went to the ER & told them I went through that the month prior & they didn't think it was anything to do with it. I was diagnosed with acid reflux & a pulled rib muscle. Wasn't given anything for the acid reflux & only prescribed muscle relaxers. The pain is happening as I write this. I am finally going to attempt a 3rd try to see what is really going on with me. Did you get anywhere with finding out what was happening to you?
I had a d&c 4 weeks ago today. I also started having bad pain on my lower right side that radiates down my leg sometimes. I went to an urgent care doctor Wednesday because I thought I may have a UTI or something. They did a culture and it is not a UTI. The Dr pressed on my tummy and I jumped with pain when she got to the area where my appendix is. She sent me to the ER at the hospital to have a cat scan. Results showed nothing wrong. I got the same answers about it having nothing to do with my d&c but I am really starting to wonder.
I had a miscarrige almost 4 weeks ago and today while I was at work I started having low right abdominal pain. I really didn't want to go to the ER cause I know they would do all these tests and find nothing. I work in the hospital and one of the GI doctors touched my right side of my abdomen and I jumped because of the pain and he wanted me to go to he ER suggesting its my appendix. When I sit the pain seems relieved but when I walk the pain increases and only to that right side. Any thoughts cause I am sure as hell tired of telling doctors what's wrong and get no results or bad results.
emotional, I'd go get your appendix checked as the doctor suggested.  good luck.  
Wow it's amazing to see how many others are feeling the same pains. 8 weeks ago I went to the dr with pain and I got an ultrasound finding out I was pregnant and that I had a corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary . The following Monday I had a fever and sever pain so I was sent to hospital as they thought it was my appendix. They did an ultrasound couldn't rule out appendicitis but said it had nothing to do with the pregnancy. So they removed my appendix... Discharged the next day in serious pain, had a low grade fever and couldn't walk. Blacking out when I got home I spent the next day bedridden. Whilst in hospital I was given serious pain killers and other medications and was told it was likely that if I did not terminate the pregnancy I would miscarriage. I had a termination on 2 days after discharge. Still extremely unwell I could barely walk in there or get on the table... That night the ambulance was called, had a high fever, dry reaching and had blacked out again. Was admitted to hospital and was septic. This time had a ct scan it showed the cyst had ruptured and there was a lot of fluid. This was not treated, they said it would resolve itself. They did pump me full of anti biotics which made me well enough for discharge 4 days later... It's now 7 weeks later I still have severe pain, I'm on another course of antibiotics for a possible uti but no one can tell me why my pain is so bad still. At times I just sit and cry because of the pain... And all the crap I've been through. I'm so exhausted fighting this everyday. I'm going for another ultrasound on Monday so hopefully I get some answers.