MISCARRIAGES
COMMUNITY
Bad lower back and abdominal pain nearly 2 months after d & c
by Jessicalee83, Feb 06, 2012
Hello, I had a d & c due to miscarriage almost 2 months ago. Since then I've been having bad lower back and a feeling of stretching and cramping in my lower abdomen. I went for a check up 2 weeks after the procedure and mentioned the pain but the doc wasn't to concerned. The pain lasted and I went to my family doc and I mentioned the procedure and asked if it could be due to the procedure and she said no. She didn't know what it was so she gave me pain meds and exercises. So then about 2 weeks after that the pain in my lower abdomen got pretty bad so I went to the hospital. I of course mentioned the procedure and with no tests they said no it shouldn't be that. And they said I had a bladder infection and if my back still hurts I'll need an MRI. So I'm wondering has anyone experienced this after a d & c? And if so what was wrong. I'm so scared that it could be from the procedure and now something is wrong.
Member Comments (13)
by mhv, Feb 06, 2012
Has your period returned since the dnc??
by Jessicalee83, Feb 06, 2012
Yes it came back about 5 weeks after
by mhv, Feb 06, 2012
That's great.  Is it different?  Is the pain all the time or at certain times during your cycle??
by Jessicalee83, Feb 06, 2012
Unfortunately the pains are all the time even as we speak. The hospital thinks it could maybe be nerve related or disc related. I'm also get shooting pains down my thighs. I just wish somebody would have done an ultra sound just to make sure there is nothing wrong inside because I def. Want to try having another baby. And to rule out that it wasn't the procedure that's causing all this pain... I just find it weird that the pain has been only since the mc and d & c.
by mhv, Feb 07, 2012
It's had to get doctors to believe things are wrong.  I don't understand.  I was kind of wondering if you have some scar tissue from the dnc, but it sounds like something more??  I hope you figure out what is doing on...keep bugging them!!  Don't let up!!!
by Jessicalee83, Feb 07, 2012
Thanks so much for your support :) My next step is to make an appt. With my ob and I'll really press the issue on an ultra sound. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
by rach301, Feb 14, 2012
When they carry out the D&C to remove the tissue, sometimes some is left behind, so pressing for the ultra sound was a smart idea, but it's said that if tissue is left then you wont have a period at all. Hoping all goes well 4 u. x
by GioCT, Oct 21, 2013
I am going though the same right now. I didn't have a D&C but had a missed miscarraige and miscarried naturally a little over 2 weeks ago and I have been having those pains exactly how u explained. My doc also disregarded my concern. I feel like its steadily getting worse everyday. Did u happen to figure out what it was? I don't think I can go another 2 weeks feeling like this :(
by CherWall, Dec 11, 2013
Did you find out? I am experiencing back pain & stomach pains as well. I had a still birth sept.1 & in October I started having stomach pains where I went to the ER & told them I went through that the month prior & they didn't think it was anything to do with it. I was diagnosed with acid reflux & a pulled rib muscle. Wasn't given anything for the acid reflux & only prescribed muscle relaxers. The pain is happening as I write this. I am finally going to attempt a 3rd try to see what is really going on with me. Did you get anywhere with finding out what was happening to you?