Miscarriages Community
Bleeding 3 weeks post miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Bleeding 3 weeks post miscarriage

Hello  I had a miscarriage on June 27th 2009.  I was a few days shy of 8 weeks.  I had and US the day of the miscarriage which they said there was still some products inside.  I then followed up with my OB June 30th 2009 where they informed me that it looks as tho everything is out other than a small clot at the beginning of my cervix.  It is now July 17th 2009 and I am still bleeding.   It gets heavy at times but most of the time it is light.  I started passing some clots again tho on July 11th and they have continued since then.  I am having no cramping amd my hcg levels are coming down.  They are still pretty high tho.. around 400.   I called my ob July 13th and informed her that I was still bleeding and passing some clots and she said that everyone is different and that this is nothing to worry about as long as I am not cramping or filling a pad an hour.   I still can't quit worrying about this tho because she originally told me that 7-10 days of bleeding is normal.    Has anyone else bled for this long after a miscarriage and will I contiue to bleed until my hcg levels are back to normal?   If anyone could give some info and set my mind as ease I would greatly appreciate it!  

So sorry to hear about your m/c. I also m/c on 5th of june at 6wees but my bleeding stopped after 6 days and my hcg levels were zero 8 days after that. Im no expert but if they said that you only had a small clot left and your still bleeding, I would go back to the hospital. At least for peace of mind. U might not be able to pass everything naturally because you were 8 weeks along. U could need a d&c. If anything,you will have peace of mind and stop driving yourself crazy.
PS dont despair,i didnt have the patience to wait for my period to return after my m/c and so i am 4 weeks pregnant all ready.
When I had my miscarriage I only bled for 5 days. Also I was only four weeks pregnant. From what I was told it is normal to bleed off and on until your body gets back on track. I have friends that have bled for almost a month. However you could always go for a second opinion if you feel that this is just not right. Honestly I would be concerned too. Go to another doctor for your peace of mind!!
Well I just called and left a message with my gyn.  Waiting on them to call me back and give me a second opinion....  I just want this to be over with so I can get back to normal and start trying again!
Just heard back from my gyn... WOW that was quick!!   Anyway they said as long as I'm not cramping, running a fever, and bleeding very heavily ( changing a pad an hour)... sorry may be TMI....  that I shouldn't have anything to worry about.  especially since my hcg is coming down.   IDK  I just don't understand why I am still bleeding.  Most people I have talked to have only bleed like a week... two max!!!    Please say a prayer for me that all returns to normal quickly...  I'm getting frustrated with this whole ordeal!  
I was 8 weeks when I miscarried on June 20th.  I bled for about 9 days ( heavier at first with some clotting) and then spotted until July 13th. I was worried about infection too, was told to watch out for excessive bleeding ( 1 pad/hr ), fever, and foul smelling discharge.     Hope everything returns to normal for you soon - and then you can stop worrying and allow yourself time to grieve. Take care .  
So sorry to hear about your loss, I was 22wks when I loss my baby on July 10th. I was told by the doctor that a female can bleed for a few weeks after they have miscarried. This was my 4th m/c. I was only 4 to 5 wks with two of my m/c and I was bleeding for a few day 5 days the most. With my m/c when I was 20wks I was bleeding for a little over a week, but with this one I am still bleeding and I am getting very annoyed with it. so i do understand your frustration.
I am sorry for your loss. I had d&c 2 weeks ago and the bleeding stopped 3 days ago. But I do have spotting on and off ,and my doc said it might take even a month. It is individual for every woman. As long as your doc is on the picture and approved it, and as long as you don't soak a maxi pad every 1 hour, or having severe cramping, there is no reason for been worried! Everything is going to be fine, just needs some patience. I know it is hard,. i am having it myself, and sometimes I feel I am going crazy, but it gets better in each day. Be positive and think positive, then all should be fine!
hi,miscarried on 18 sept at 11,5 wks.baby died at 6,4 wks,missed miscarriage. i have just stopped bleeding yesterday,total nightmare just devastated.will  i ovulate soon or not,i dont have a clue. help