Miscarriages Community
Bleeding almost 3 months after miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I was 11 weeks pregnant when I found out the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks.  I waited another week after that to try to miscarry naturally, but then the doctor gave me Misoprostol pills to start the miscarriage.  That happened, I had a lot of pain, heavy bleeding and huge clots and passed the "products of conception".  My hcg numbers went down and I tested negative on pregnancy tests.  
The problem is, I'm still spotting almost three months later!  I don't have health insurance and I just can't afford another ultrasound right now.  The doctor says it's abnormal, but give it time.  How long to give it?  I've had two periods during that time and then I just keep spotting.  It's barely any blood, not enough to wear a pad, but there hasn't been a day in almost 3 months where I didn't bleed every time I wiped.  
I have not had sex since then so that isn't an issue. I have no odors down there and I feel no pains that I didn't have before all this happened.
Please help with any insight you can give, and if your only answer is go to the doctor, please just refrain from answering.  I've been and I've done the tests that I can afford.
If there is some little remaining, will it eventually work itself out?  
Hi Holly. So sorry about your loss. I have to wonder in your case if your hormones are still out of balance which is causing you to have this breakthrough bleeding. I know how it is when you don't have insurance coverage. I would see if maybe you could be seen through your local Health Dept. Best wishes!
I can relate with your situation a bit... I recently went through my 2nd miscarriage and have been bleeding for 2 weeks. I was 11 weeks into my pregnancy but apparently lost my baby at 6 weeks. I have light bleeding, def need a pad, and my hcg levels have been decreasing. My doctor never gave me a pill nor did I do the D&C, considering that the last time I miscarried I didn't need it. I don't have any answers right now but I will be going to the doctors soon for a check up and i will get as many answers as I can. I know they will recommend an ultra sound in the end to be 100% sure about your case. can you apply for a government assisted medical insurance? What state do you live in?  
I wonder if you could talk to your doctor about birth control pills to try to regulate your hormones and bleeding.  I am not a doctor so I do not know if this is really will do anything but just thinking if it is a hormonal issue then maybe?  Im sorry if this response is not what you were looking for as i know insurance is an issue.. I am just not aware how much a visit to the doctor / birth control costs..  I know you said you didnt want response about goign to the doctor but at least i had a specific answer so I hope this doesnt upset you

If your hcg returned to 0, then retained product shouldnt be a concern..

on a positive note, the lack of pain and the fact that you have had periods is a good sign.

I am sorry I cant be more help.