Miscarriages Community
Can chamomile tea cause a miscarriage?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Can chamomile tea cause a miscarriage?

I was diagnosed with a pregnancy no fetal pole, no heartbeat at almost 5wks gestational. I recently had the miscarriage at 8wks.  I am having high feeling of guilt. I had drank a cup of chamomile tea (two bags). Although a lot of websites say chamomile is taken by women that are pregnant ,I found a website that says that chamomile is a stimulant for menstrual period and can terminate a pregnancy, and another that says it is concidered an abortificant. Although, every single doctor I have come accross tell me that the tea would have nothing to do with the miscarriage, I also understand that doctors don't believe in helbal medicines or remedies. Is there any one out there that has heard that chamomile is bad during pregnancy. Could the chamomile have killed the embryo? any doctors? any herb specialist, or simply some one with experience?  Please help.      
I'm SOOO sorry to hear that you've gone through this! its harder than any words could express!   don't feel guilty when that happens, its almost always a chromosomal abnormality from the get go.. nothing you did caused it!   as far as the tea i have not read anything specifically about it, however two bags of it i'm sure had no effect on it.. plus if it was truely that hazardous they would have to have a warning on it or something!  most people don't even know they are pregnant for a while and smoke, drink take herbs etc and it has no effect... so PLEASE don't feel guilty i know its hard, i've gone over and over things in my mind a thousand times but when it comes down to it, its out of our hands.. most of those things are one time "freak" deals and your next pregnancy should be healthy.. the good news is that you got pregnant, so thats a great sigh!! thats what keeps me going anywyas!!! my thoughts and prayers are with you!