On the 25th of May I took 3 at home tests that came up positive. On the 28th i went to see my primary physician due to slight bleeding/spotting. He sent me to have my blood drawn to check my HCG levels, and set up another one 48 hours later. Tuesday my hcg was 944, Thursday it was 820. Friday I went to the hospital because, although my physician stated it was an emergency, the obgyn said it could wait until Monday. The hcg levels at the hospital were 984 and my ultra sound showed a sac in the endo. canal. I am not experiencing any pain, and have pregnancy symptoms. The following monday June 3rd, I had more blood drawn, my hcg level was 1207, Thursday the 6th I had more blood drawn and on Friday I had another ultra sound to check for ectopic pregnancy due to slow increase in levels.. Friday evening the obgyn's office called me and said "You had a miscarriage, you have nothing to worry about, you're numbers will be dropping." but he insisted that i come in and take a medication called Methotrexate for tubal pregnancy. The doctor has yet to say that the egg/embryo is in fact in my tubes. My first ultra sound i was only 5 weeks, my second I was 6. OBGYN called me today June 10th and said that my hcg levels are still increasing and theyre now at 1500 and that i need to have more blood drawn and make an appointment for the medication. I'm incredibly scared, i have no evidence that i need to take this medication which has been explained to me basically as an abortion pill. I have been with my husband for 6 years, in february i went through surgery for SEVERE endometriosis. In the 6 years we have been together i have never gotten pregnant, we have never used protection, now that i've had this surgery and had tissue removed i was able to get pregnant. I need help and I have found that 3 doctors are not giving me any answers ive been told i am miscarrying then i was told im not and that its ectopic then i was told i already had a miscarriage then i was told my numbers shouldnt be increasing if i miscarried. :/ I don't know what to do at this point.
Numbers that are consistently slow rising do not indicate a pregnancy that is going to continue and give you a healthy baby. Usually they indicate construction, such as an ectopic. Sometimes they indicate all you have is a placenta and it is still vascular (blood going in and out). I had methotrexate once for a small piece of placenta that remained and was healthy, after I had a miscarriage.
In your shoes, I would ask for another ultrasound to locate the pregnancy for sure. If it is in a tube or somewhere other than the uterus, then it is not going to be viable.
ive had 2 ultra sounds a week apart a regular ultra sound and a transvaginal both times so i suppose a total of 4.. they just continue to say we dont see anything in your tubes we see a sac in the endo. canal. but that its to early to see anything..
I have a story similar to yours, and I hope this helps you!
May 24th - positive pregnancy test
I had spotting beginning May 18th (assuming implantation)
May 26-27th - bad cramping and backache
May 28th - period due
May 29th - HCG 99, US showed nothing
May 31st - HCG 206
June 3rd - HCG 532, US showed nothing
June 5th - HCG 830, US showed nothing, OBGYN thought ectopic
June 7th - HCG 1032, US showed nothing (possible dot in uterus?),
OBGYN thought ectopic, refused methotrexate
June 8th-9th - cramping, backache on and off during weekend
June 10th - HCG 1137, US showed a possible sac in the uterus again
began bleeding heavily and cramping, miscarried naturally
So I had cramping and bleeding pretty much the whole time, but since my numbers were doubling correctly right away, we thought things were going well. On June 5th when I woke up and had bright red bleeding (that lasted the morning only), but no pain, but I was terrified and thought I was miscarrying. I had my levels checked and an ultrasound, and my OBGYN thought I had a possible ectopic but said we should wait two days and check everything again. So on June 7th I had everything checked again and was somewhat hopeful, but my number had gone up just a little bit. My ultrasound showed a possible sac in the uterus (but that can also be a "pseudosac" from an ectopic) and it also didn't show any sign of dilation of a fallopian tube. My OBGYN was now very concerned about an ectopic because of my slowly rising HCG and bleeding. She recommended methotrexate, but without knowing 100% if this was ectopic, I refused it (I am very pro life), knowing that over the weekend I could potentially rupture and end up in a life threatening situation and surgery. I am glad I followed my heart, because I had my levels checked again on June 10th, and they had barely gone up, and my ultrasound showed a tiny sac in the uterus. I began bleeding heavily right after my ultrasound and cramping, and my body is still working on miscarrying. It was such a funny answer to prayer, because we knew our baby wasn't going to make it, so we just wanted it to end naturally. I am so thankful it wasn't ectopic (even thought my levels and symptoms acted like it), and so glad I didn't take the drug. I hope this helps you in some way. Demand to have your levels checked again and an ultrasound, and trust your heart! BUT keep in mind that if you truly have an ectopic pregnancy, your life could be in danger!! Is there a doctor nearby that someone you know well could recommend? Maybe you could get some answers! This is a horribly agonizing decision to have to make! I wish you the best, please keep me updated, and please ask if you have questions!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.