Miscarriages Community
Could I be having a miscarriage? 20 weeks with 1st baby, am I just over...

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Could I be having a miscarriage? 20 weeks with 1st baby, am I just over reacting?

I am 24 years old, and pregnant for the first time. I'm 20 weeks, and I've had a very smooth, problem-free pregnancy. I have had a sonogram at 10 weeks, 14, weeks, and 17 weeks, and doctor said baby is very healthy. The blood work they did at the last appointment came back fine as well. I've had a significant little pregnant belly, and hungry about every 4 or 5 hours, tender breasts but not too bad. I felt the baby kick for the first time about a week and a half ago, and heard the kicking with a stethescope. Sounded like a little thump,thump,thump, and it was the most amazing feeling! Even if the baby wasn't kicking I could still press on my stomach and tell where he was. Well almost 2 days ago I found some blood in the shower, it was bright red and thick, but I wouldn't really say it was A LOT of blood. I have been cramping ever since, but haven't seen anymore blood. I wouldn't say the cramps are severe, they are mild, but constant and continuous. I can't feel the baby anymore, or hear anything with the stethescope. Also I feel like my stomach isn't really a pregnant belly anymore. It seems to be more of just a fat stomach, like I can push in on it. My breasts or nipples are not sore anymore, and today I realized that I went 9 hours with out eating and it didn't even bother me, where normally my stomach would be growling up a storm after 4 short hours. Especially over the past month, it felt almost like a full-time job just keeping myself fed, I could get completely full and after 4 or 5 hours my stomach would start growling again and if I didn't eat soon I would feel faint. I've only eaten twice today, and not very much either. It's not that I don't have an appetite, my body has just been fine and my stomach has not growled at all. Almost like because there is no baby to feed anymore.  I called my doctor and they told me that as long as there was no more blood not to be worried, but I just can't help but feel like something is definitely wrong. Since this is my first pregnancy, I can't be sure if I am over reacting, or if I should feel this way. I just can't help but feel like something is off, please share anything that might help!!
Maggie
I'm going to tell you to go to the ER if your dr won't see you just to make sure things are ok. It's better to go with your gut feeling. This next part I'm not trying to scare you or anything but I recently MC after my 2nd round of ivf early on. The two days prior to the devistating news I felt there was something wrong and I was right. I'm 37 and never been pregnant before. I had multiple risk factors for mc. I would definetly demand to be seen somewhere for 1 to give you piece of mind and 2 if there is something that needs to be monitored or fixed its taken care of in a timely manner.
Seniding you prayers and good vibes. Do what you feel is right and don't let others discount your feelings!
Ginger
well just 11 days ago i lost my baby boy.  i thought something was wrong but egnored it went for 20 week anatomy scan to find out gender and they couldnt find a heart beat. then 2 days after scan went to hospital and they confirmed baby had passed away sometime in the last 3 weeks.  so if i were you i wouldnt let a doctor tell you all is ok. i had mild cramping for 3 days and discolored discharge which they informed me was my body figuring out what was going on.  i have now lost my only son. trust me it is a horrible pain.  i had to deliver him in hospital and go home empty handed.
you might be lucky and it is something else but i would be careful..i am trying again to get pregnant asap but am worried all will repeat itself