Miscarriages Community
Ectopic 2 YRS AGO

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Ectopic 2 YRS AGO

My husband and I tried for years to have a baby... Nov 2010, we found out. Knew for 4 days and felt something wrong. Went to the ER and was informed that it was an ectopic. Heart break and surgery later, everything healed fine.  The tube was saved, luckily, I only have one. Had the other one removed when I was 13 due to a cyst. We had HSG tests, lapro surgery to check for scar tissue and to look at the tube. That was fine. Yesterday, by the grace of God, we find out I'm pregnant again. I can't be excited. I feel worried and the mental pain from the ectopic flooding over me. I'm calling my doc Monday to get in STAT for an U/S. I'm not a bad person for not being "over the moon", am I? I feel horrible for not being excited... I don't want to tell until it's been confirmed. I can't do that twice. Is this normal???
I think it is completely normal how you are feeling. I just had a miscarriage last week. i was supposed to be eight weeks today. right from the start i was nervous, didn't want to tell people. Sure enough my gut was right.
now i am anxious to try again, but at the same time i feel like i am going to be miserable and paranoid  until i reach that twelve week mark.
I lost a baby in 2009 and got pregnant 6 weeks later (had a D&C).  I was exactly like you (only have one tube) and my husband and I lived in fear it would happen again. Didn't even tell my mom until I was 12 weeks cause I wanted to be sure all was ok.  AND IT WAS!!! We have a heatlhy 2 year old now.  It's normal to be nervous.  Good luck.  Odds are, all will be well :)