Miscarriages Community
Experienced a Miscarriage or d&c?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Experienced a Miscarriage or d&c?

My doc is sure that I will miscarry in 4wks or I will have to do a d&c, considering my hcg being at 55,000 at 9wks. I'm very scared of either taking place can anyone warn me of what I may feel, see, or experience during this time? If u miscarry at home, wat do u expect? What about the after effect of a d&c. Someone help..
I am sorry to see your post, and hope your doctor is wrong!  I hope you have a miracle baby and everything turns around.   As for the dnc, please look at dncnow.com.  it will tell you the dangers of a dnc.  I had scarring from a dnc, and had 3 surgeries to correct it.  Not that it would happen to you, but it is a risk.  It doesn't matter how "experienced" your doctor is, it can happen.  Slim chance?  maybe, but just please research your options and go from there.

good luck to you and you baby.
Most women just bleed alot with cramping. The reason they do a D&C is if NOT everything comes out which could cause an infection. Why does he think you will miscarry? Have your hcg levels dropped at all???
I'm so sorry. I hope neither of these have to happen to you.
I had a D&C at 12 weeks. It was more emotionally painful than anything else. I had no real bleeding or cramping afterwards beyond what you would have for a normal period. After about 7 days, I was physically back to normal and my doctor said we could start TTC once I got my next period.
Bext of luck
Thanks for the info! I will def check it out .. I hope they turn around but all I have is #s. I haven't had a u/s yet
I'm worried about the pain ill experience at home & actually seeing the baby & the effects of the dnc. My hcg 6/27 is 63000, 6/28 642000, 7/6 55,000 (give or take a couple hundred). They dropped once, I want some more tests done & an ultrasound.
I hope not either! I'm only 19.. I'm just worried about a dnc, going under & potential scarring. As I've said before I'm not sure if I want to do it at home & see the baby either
Hi there i had a miscarriage at 11 weeks there was no Fetal Heart beat I took a tablet that day and then went into hospital the next day for a second tablet the nurses were brilliant. when i was passing the baby they had provided paper towels for me so i didnt have to look I was in for a couple of days then sent home. The day after I had terrible pains so went back up to hospital and had to go in for an emergancy D and C.
I have just had another misscarige at home and lost to much blood I am now anemic it is very scary although i had been bleeding for 3 weeks i only lost baby on week 3 me personaly i would have a D and C any day just because its quicker and there isnt any chance of you seeing anything although there is dangers of having one but thats just like any other op.

Good Luck Laura
You are so brave, I couldn't deal with passing it at home. I couldn't face what I might see so the morning after I found out that there was no heartbeat I went in for a DnC and I was put to sleep. the doctors and nurse were wonderful but I felt so empty afterwards but I know that I could move on because I never knew what it would have been. there was only mild pain but they gave me something for it. I'm so sorry about your loss.
I have had 2 dnc's. There is no way I could ever pass the baby at home,I think it would have taken more of an emotional toll on me, and DnC's are not as scary as a lot of people make them out to be. They just put you to sleep and the whole process takes about 20 mins and you wake up in recovery where they ask you your pain lvl and let you relax and wake up. They usualy give you some pain killers for after when you go home and a list of what not to do's for 2 weeks. Than some bleeding for up to 4 weeks, and things start to go back to normal. I hope all is well for you! Good Luck!
My miscarriage happend at home right after the 8 week mark.  The whole process from beginning to end took less than 24 hours.  (That's including splotting time.  From the point that I started bleeding to actually passing the baby was only 2 hours.)  I felt the baby pass but couldn't see what it looked like.  (thank God)

If I KNEW I was going to m/c though, I don't think I'd want to wait around for it to happen.  The emotional toll that would take on me would be 10x worse than having to go through a D&C.

I'm sorry for what you're going though.  I wish you the best.