First period since m/c lasted a day
Hi.I had a miscarriage on Sept.15 at 5 wks(My first pregnancy/m/c).I got my first period on Oct.21 early in the morning then it just completely stopped later that night.Is this normal?
It's not overly abnormal is the best way to answer.  It is pretty common to have irregular cycles and either lengthier or shorter periods of bleeding for awhile.  The body can take a little time to readjust and get back to normal.  If you are concerned, a follow up with your Dr. is never a bad idea.  But I have found that it usually takes me 2 or 3 cycles to be back on my standard 28 day with 4 to 5 days of bleeding.  

I'm sorry for your loss, and wish you all the best.
are you sure you had a miscarriage, and has it been confirmed or are you thinking that you did because you started bleeding, it does seem abit odd to me for you to bleed just for one day, and I wouldnt consider it normal, maybe do another hpt as its been a month so you shouldnt have any hcg left in your system and see what it says and take it from there
I bled for 5 days went to my OB and they took an ultrasound and saw no sac.They also checked my hcg levels and it went down,I also took a hpt last week it came out positive.Went to the doctors for a followup on my miscarriage they didn't bother to check if I still am pregnant or for an infection.Im confused :(
It sounds like there are two different possible scenarios here that should be looked into.  One is, as Stacy said, a new pregnancy.  The other is possibly products of conception left from last time.  I would request bloodwork and an ultrasound.

It's also possible that even though you experienced your loss a month ago, that your levels have just not returned to 0 yet.  That can happen.  It usually takes me about 5 weeks to have a period after a loss.  If that were the case, then that wasn't your period, it was just a bit of bleeding still as a result of your loss.

Either way, if you had a positive hpt last week, they should monitor the situation.  If your hpt was positive, then almost certainly that wasn't your period.

After a loss, your levels have to return to 0 in order for you to ovulate.  After that, for most of us, it is two weeks to get your period.  So a positive hpt, then one day of bleeding?  I would think it almost impossible that was your period.  You need to follow up with your Dr.

All the best to you (and good catch Stacy!)