Miscarriages Community
Has anyone had multiple D&Cs and had a healthy pregnancy afterwards...

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Has anyone had multiple D&Cs and had a healthy pregnancy afterwards?

Hi there. I am almost 17 weeks pregnant and worried about incompetent cervix because I have heard that multiple d&cs can cause incompetent cervix in future pregnancies. I have had 3 D&Cs in the past.All were first trimester d&cs.I am very worried and stressed out that my cervix would be weaken.My doctor is telling me I should be OK and she will check my cervix in two weeks.I just wanted to know if anyone there had a similar experience and ended up carrying a baby to term. It would make me feel much better. thank you.
I'm sorry for your losses. I have had 6 m/cs. Only one of them was a d and e at 19 wks and I ended up having a d and c 10 wks later. That was 4 yrs ago. I'm 26 wks pg now. I know a few women who have had a few d and cs and they went on to have healthy pgs. I think the only issue multiple d and c's can cause is scar tissue and in some cases undiagnoses infections. But that usually affects getting pg. You are almost halfway through with your pg.In some cases it can affect pg's but at  this point if they were concerned they would place a stitch. It sounds like you are showing no signs of complications I wouldn't worry. I would take things day by day and enjoy being pg. Best wishes to you....How are you feeling? Take care and congrats to you.

AP
Hi. Thank you so much for taking time and responding to my question. And I am so sorry for your losses.
I am feeling so much better now that I read that are other women there that had multiple d&cs and ended up having healthy pregnancies. Everything is going well with me so far. Have an anatomy scan in three weeks. We are so excited to find out the sex of the baby.
Once again, thank you so much for your response and congratulation on your pregnancy.