Miscarriages Community
Headaches after Miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Headaches after Miscarriage

I recently had a MC, about 2 weeks ago. It started on a Friday (Aug 17), and the following Wednesday (Aug 22) I developed this massive headache, which I've had on and off to various intensities for over a week now. I used to get migraines all the time before I was pregnant, but I haven't had one since I was pregnant. But this new headache is like a pounding, pounding, pounding. It's worse if I move around even a little, or move my head. It feels like my heart is beating in my head, and sometimes I even feel nauseated. Has anyone else experienced this after M/C? Maybe it's not even related. Could I be deficient in something as a result of the MC? The obgyn put me on a 5mg folic acid prescription, and I started taking it the day before the headahces started. Could this be causing it? Is it just a tension headache? I'm just looking for anyone out there who may have had the same experience and some advie!!!!
It could very well be hormones.  I get migraines around the time of my period.  I never had them while I was pregnant, but once my cycle resumed I got the headaches like clockwork.  Hormones can definatley cause headaches.  I doubt it is the folic acid.  I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks!
I actually had a dr. appt. today and asked her about it. She checked my blood pressure which was low, and can also be contributing. I think there may be more than one thing at work here :)
I have the same kind of headache and I'm about one week from the start of my miscarriage.  The pounding is terrible!!!  I'm looking for answers as well.  I get migraines from hormones during periods/pregnancies/etc., but this one is different.  
I am expieriencing the same pounding. I also have low blood pressure and feel dizzy as well. I called mt doctor after I almost passed out a few times and he said this was normal after a m.c. and should last about a week or so.  I lost so much blood that I was told by the ER doctor that I would need a blood transfusion but was sent home the same night with a iron pills instead. Im sorry for your loss as well.
I had a miscarriage and a Dnc.  Then a week later I passed out and my headaches began.  I have had blood work, a cat scan and all came back normal.  I was sent to a neurologist and told it is a hormone induced migraine.  It was been going on for almost 3 weeks.  He started to on a steriod pill and some supplements to stop the cycle of the migraine.  Until the miscarriage and DNC I had never had one.

Sorry for your lose and the pain you are in.
I am in the middle of my m/c woke up at 2 am with the same pounding headache, Found comfort in knowing that I am not the only one, I am definitely scared.  Thanks for the comfort...this sucks

Sorry for your loss...
So glad I'm not the only one! I am sitting here, two weeks after my MC thinking that I was going to pass out from the pain, dizziness and nausea. It has been on and off in the last week, but not as bad as tonight! Tried to read a book to get my mind off it, but it made it worse, and twice I couldn't read the words. I got so scared, and despite taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen, there has been little reduction in pain level. I did have mild migraines before my pregnancy, but this is not like them. Thank you for this website and all your entries...They all helped alot! Guess I just have to work through it...and yes, it sucks!
Thank god for sites like these, I miscarried just over a week ago having got to 11.5w, for the past 5 days I have had a blinding headache and no amount of pain relief seems to touch it. I've had one day being headache free and that particular day I bled a little - I started to think I may have a tumour (I know hypercondriac) but having read some of these comments I'm feeling more normal!!

I agree this sucks.
I feel better that I read these comments!   I had a miscarriage a little over a week ago and have had a headache ever since!   It's like a pounding, headache that tylenol doesn't even touch.  Feels like something is loose in my head!  Weird but true.    Hopefully it's just the hormones.
Thank you to all who have posted comments - Although still despaired by headaches compounded by my heartache, I am somewhat comforted finding this forum to see I am not alone in my symptoms. Similar to others I am coming up to 2weeks after miscarriage/D&C and have been suffering persistent pounding headaches for the last week despite trying all possible over the counter meds plus medical reassurance that it is not a symptom of anaemia. Trying acupuncture tomorrow...

I also had a miscarriage a week and a half ago.  It was a "missed miscarriage" so I had a surgical management, and then
I had a persistent headache until yesterday afternoon that no amount
of tylenol seemed to help.  The headaches
felt to me like caffeine withdrawal headaches, which I knew they
couldn't be, since I haven't been drinking any caffeine for a long time.
But yesterday I was desperate and willing to experiment, so I tried
having a strong cup of coffee, and, lo and behold, it made the headache go away!  I am still feeling fine this morning, but if it starts up again this afternoon, I am heading straight for the coffee.  This might sound wacko, but I think there may actually be a reasonable medical basis.  I tend to have low blood pressure, and after the proceedure last week, it fell even further.  Apparently, a lot of headaches are caused by painfully widened veins in the head, which is related to low blood pressure.  Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, so
it helps cure these headaches.  That is why it is contained in some headache remedies.  Anyway, I was really at wit's end, and now I feel positively giddy and not having a persistent headache any more.  

So you might just try a strong cup of coffee.  Good luck.  You are
definitely not alone.
I saw all your post t around the miscarriage and Dnc, Thank you for all your comment.  I have the same issue.  I had my Dnc in Nov 15 and 3 days after severe migraine and since then I have been dealing with headache till now.   how long did it take for you to get better and what did you use please.  Any answer will be helpful It is really affecting my quality of life.

Thank you so much.
i had a horrible, horrific, terrible miscarriage 4 days ago. i was 11 weeks along, and i have never ever ever seen so much blood and "tissue" and clotting come out. i was shocked that i could lose so much blood and still be alive. i literally lost pints and pints of the stuff, including about 35 or more lemon-sized blood clots. it was so awful. i was at the emergency room for 12 hours on monday, finally went home, and passed more clots all night long on monday night. my bleeding finally got much better on tuesday and the rest of the week, but on tuesday i also developed the worst headaches ever. i have never really had headaches before, and these were awful. felt like i imagined migraines to feel. i took tons of ibuprofen and it didn't work at all. all i wanted to do was sleep in a dark room. finally this morning i took the advice mentioned here and drank two cups of strong coffee. voila, my headache went away. it is not 9:30 pm and my headache is still gone. i will try sleeping tonight and hopefully the headache will stay away. if it comes back i will try more coffee. i also bought excedrin migraine (with caffeine) and might take that instead, if the headache comes back. just wanted you all to know the coffee definitely worked for me.
I too had a miscarriage on Feb 22, and 23. I went to the ER on saturday for brown spotting. Anyways, they don't prepare you enough for the pain. I am so frustrated. No pain pills... NOTHING. I started having a headache on monday afternoon, which I mentioned to the Doctor on tuesday. He didn't think anything of it. But combine the headache with some cramping... Cause is not them having to deal with the pain. Yeah is normal, normal.... BUt what makes the pain go away.... NOT EVEN TYLENOL. Yeah I am told it is normal. I am not a pill taker. I hate them. But at this point I need something stronger than tylenol to get rid of them until they go away naturally. I wish I was closer to Mexico right now and go get something from the pharmacy to make feel better, instead of dealing with these losers that only base themselves on text books, but since they are men, they don't know how it feels to have cramping and on top a pounding headache. Even the female nurses, they say is normal. I don't care if it's normal or not, I still have the freaking headache. I am definately investing in some air fare and go to a doctor in Mexico and have myself checked up. The Doctors here suck big time, is all about how much they can get out of the insurance company.
Thank you!! I had a miscarriage last week and have had very BAD headaches since then. Nothing has worked for the pain. I tried a cup of coffee - and headache is GONE. Thanks so much for the suggestion.
I too had a miscarriage. This is my 2nd in 5 months. With the previous m/c I had very bad headaches for over 2 weeks.  This is happening again to me. 4 Ibupropen are not work or Imitrex.  My head is poundding and it is coming and going when you least expect it.  This m/c the headaches started before I know I was miscarrying. It is miserable right now on so many levels.
I too just experienced a miscarriage on March 24th and have had a persistant headache for several days now.  It is clear to me from reading everyone's posts that the headaches are related to the miscarriage. Maybe it's the rapidly dropping HCG levels?  Thanks to everyone for sharing.  I'm about to try some regular coffee to see if that helps.  I'm am so sorry for everyone's loss.  
I started to miscarry on tuesday (9wks 1day) with some light bleeding, backache & headache. No heartbeat on the ultrasound. Passed everything late friday night & have been in SO much pain ever since. The best I can compare is a red wine hangover. Mostly it's my head that hurts, but my back & body ache too. THIS *****!!!! Thankfully, my Dr. prepared me for the possibility of all of this pain. She prescribed some Vicodin for me. Only took it when the pain was at it's worse friday & then once this morining. Think that the caffiene/excederine remedy will be able to manage the pain from here on out. Sorry for everyones loss. Hope this post helps someone else trying to find a way to manage the pain.
I had miscarriage too just this month (6 weeks) few days before my bday..sooo sad..I'm experiencing headaches too at this moment..thanks for these posts, I'll try to drink a cup of coffee though I'm not really drinking coffee..

Sorry for everyone's lost..
Just had a miscarriage a week and a 1/2 ago and the headaches were so unusual.  Very intense in the middle of the night.  I'm glad I found this forum.
I'll try the coffee thing during the day but I have had to resort to sleep aids and vicodin at night since that is when they are the worst and it does feel like a red wine hangover, exactly.
I just hope it will pass soon.  I too am sorry for all of our losses.
A little prayer for all of us.  I can only hope for better results next time.

Thanks!!  
I am sad for all of who had a miscarriage.

there are several things that can cause severe headaches;  hunger, dehydration ( especially after alcohol ingestion), hormone imbalance,  high blood pressure, ( in my case too much vitamin B12) , low blood sugar, blood loss( and subsequent dehydration) anemia, After my babies were born i bled extensively and had a headache so bad i couldn't open my eyes. So drink plenty of fluids, take your iron, (not on an empty stomach) treat yourself to a big, juicy iron rich steak once a week, get plenty of rest. Hopefully your headaches will diminish as your body adjusts it's hormones.

Cherry D, RN
I had a "missed abortion" M/C two weeks ago and have had crippling migraines for the last week. It is horrible, I feel like dying. They hit me like clockwork everday around noon and NOTHING helps. I go tomorrow for my post-op ( D&C ) appt. I am hoping my OBGYN will have some answers or remedies to help. I feel better after reading these posts and am sorry for all of your losses.

I think that the stress of it all coupled with the hormonal shifts are the cause, it does not by any means make this easier but there is some comfort in knowing that we are not alone.
I had a miscarriage last week and feeling very weak and having headache etc. I have to get back to work next week. I run around alot at work. Is it adivsable to go to work next week? I am afraid that I might faint and get worse any advise?
i too had the pounding head after loosing my baby. the problem is I am still getting them months later. I found excedrine works most of the time but they come back with my cycle and sometimes at random. I am hoping it is still hormone related but am going to the dr to find some answers. I too am sorry for your loss. the heart ache is bad enough but to add the pain in your head is awful .hope you find answers soon.
I just had a mc and dnc less than a week ago and the day after I awaken with the worst headache and neck ache ever. I couldn't sit up without feeling my heart in my head. It is 5 days later and my neck and head continue to hurt. a few days ago i drank some coffee (not too strong) and i felt the pain lighten. I have been drinking coffee every since. I plan on making it a lot stronger now (lol) I really appreciate the post. This has lifted a weight off of me. After everything I went through I felt like I was going to have more problems. I lost a lot of blood and had so much pain. Then to think that I had more problems really scared the **** out of me. I want to thank you all for sharing and relieving the pain a little. And I am sorry for all of your losses. Thanks
Thanks to all for the comments. I too just had a d&c for a" missed ab" at 14wks. The day after the procedure I felt great but the second day I had the worse headache of my life. It started in the middle of the night and continued all day long. Tylenol and Aleve did not touch it. It was so miserable. I still have a headache today but not as bad, could be the cup of tea I had last night before going to bed. I appreciate your comments and tips, I too will try coffee today. It seems like this is a common thing, the doctors should prepare us for this. There is enough agony in losing the pregnancy. My condolences to all of you for your loss.
I have had headaches since my miscarriage on Nov 2-3. I was 13 weeks, 3 days.
I was freaking out until I thought about how my hormones are probably wreaking havoc and causing them.  I think the caffeine will help.  
I just hope that my period comes back soon so I can get pregnant again.  So sad since the loss of my little one.
Yup...same here.  Miscarriage about 5-6 days ago...headaches started a day or so after.  Coffee seems to help during the day but then they come back at night.  The only thing that helps then is sleep.  

I also lost a LOT of blood.  It was a missed miscarriage and I took the medication to induce the miscarriage.  I didn't want a d & c.  But, a piece of the placenta got stuck in my cervix and caused me to bleed very heavily and had lots of clotting.  I ended up passing out at the doctor's office after she finished getting everything out.  It was HORRIBLE.  I was 11 weeks along.

Sorry for everyone's loss.  This was my second miscarriage in a year.  
I had my M/C two days ago I have had a slight headache and abdominal cramps,but what hurts the most is losing my child I was 11 wks along and trying to cope. I am sorry for your loses I know how you all feel.
Hey. I just hav a miscariage.I was two weeks pregnant. Mmy stomache feels hard and I'm not sure if this is normal. 3 days since it happened. I'm not sure if I had a complete miscariage either and wat was ment to happen. Please help
hi ladies! I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. I am also having headaches accompanied with EYE PAIN. Met with my OB earlier, she said my eye pain has nothing to do with the miscarriage. I'm worried because I didn't have this before the miscarriage. Is anyone feeling the same?
I miscarried five days ago. I was 9 weeks pregnant. I was scared to death, I lost so much blood. Was hospitalized on Friday for about 12 hours while doctors monitered my progress. Today is Tuesday and I have a massive headache that started last night. My whole head is pounding! Aspirin helped for about an hour but now it's back. I'm going to try a cup of coffee. I'm so glad I found this site as I was really worried that I felt so ill.
About 3 days after my miscarriage I started feeling dizzy when sitting for extended periods of time, which in turn made me nauseous and gave me an incredible pounding headache.  I couldn't eat because I thought the food was making me nauseous but it actually was the dizziness.  My headache was first at the base of my skull along with a tense choking feeling in my neck.  Then the headache moved to the top of my head and sinus area as well.  Also my jaw and teeth felt tense/tender.  I was freaking out because my vision was getting blurred at times and my hearing felt funny, plus I got a slight ringing in my right ear.  This went on for about 2 weeks.  I only had very slight cramps and light bleeding. Went through 3 doctors and in the end I realized it was my low blood pressure and hormones trying to stabilize.  I felt better if I got up and walked around and got my heart/circulation going a bit. . the dizziness went away.  Also coffee in the morning and lots of fluids throughout the day helped.  I also tried to increase my salt intake a bit - which is supposed to increase your blood pressure.  I know it can feel scary - like I thought I was having a stroke, and it's frustrating when doctors tell you you're fine and you know something is very off. . Good Luck to all trying to deal with this.
Hi everyone, my headaches started during fertility treatments -- I asked my doc and he said it's an "estrogen migraine." When your estrogen drops dramatically (from stopping birth control pills, or miscarriage), some people find they are sensitive to this quick drop and you can end up with a migraine.  During my IVF cycle, I got the first migraine I've ever had when I stopped the birth control pills -- went through that 3 times and finally called my regular doc and asked him to prescribe a migraine med for just those few days. It took about an hour for them to work, but they do work for almost 24 hours.  I am about 5 days post m/c and now that my estrogen has again taken a dramatic dive, here come the migraines.  Mine usually last for 3 days, and I am nauseated, sensitive to noise and even dim light, and sometimes get dizzy.  Today I tried to resume my running routine and almost passed out before I could make it home from a very light run. I just hope these don't become a regular part of my life.

Hang in there, everyone. It seems unfair to have this on top of a miscarriage, but it WILL pass. Take care of yourselves and you will get through it!
Hi every one,
I had an ovarial syst rapture operation on 15 Feb, but two days later (17 Feb) I miscarraged my 4 weeks pregnancy. My hormn level has been droping very fast. I was dicharged from the hospital yesterday morning. I am having a sever headeache an dfeel very dizy, etc. My shoulders and hands hurt. I lso have a pain in the lower part of my tommy. I am taking parcitaml and codine but they are not touching the pain. ANy advice please on wht I should do?
I would just like to say that I miscarried on Sunday. I was admitted to hospital due to the amount of blood loss. I am now anemic with the same pounding in my head but this is due to anemia and there's not enough oxygen going around. So all I can do is take the iron pills and wait. However I am still bleeding and if it doesn't stop I have to go back to hospital. So  so sorry for everone who has lost a baby for me it was horific I couldn't believe the the stuff that my body was pushing out. But I would defintaely see a doctor if the pounding in your head doesn't stop cos if you have anemia below 8 g then it can become dangerous.
i had a miscarried on march 24th i went to hospital due to the amount of blood i lost two days after that i started with this pounding headache in the back of my head i thought it might go after a few days and it didnt so i went back to hospital and they treated me for infection they put me on antibiotics and a few days later it went.... i never thought i would get rid of that pounding headache, sorry for everyones loss i know its a hard time
I just had a miscarriage and I am heading for the coffee right now.  I cannot believe how many people are experiencing this same headache problem.  If there are any obgyn doctors reading this post, maybe you should consider adding this to the after effects of miscarriage/D&C/D&E and find something to help the pain.  Tylenol and ibuprofin do not cut it!  Most of us still have to work and function as mothers and spouses and these headaches (along with the cramping) are still keeping some of us from recovery.  Thanks for sharing your posts.
I went in to the ER on June 4th after my water breaking.  I was 18 weeks along.  They had me deliver the baby because he was too big for a D&C.  I was in labor for 74 hours before finally delivering him.  I lost so much blood and tissue and clots.  The hospital gave me pain killers since I did go through the birthing process.  I am taking percocet which seems to help my pounding headaches.  They wake me up at night.  Its like they hit my head and my eyes and it feels like my brain is being squeezed.  I was worried that the clotting got out of control and hit my brain (yes I'm a worrier).  I haven't been drinking much caffeine because my sleep pattern is not so great, but maybe I'll try that instead of the percocet.  

I'm so sorry for everyone that has had to experience such a horrible loss.  I believe that our babies are in a better place.
I feel better about the headaches after reading this.  I went to the ER on the 5th because of some spotting without pain.  I was at the end of my tenth week and I was told the baby stopping developing.  I was told I was going to miscarry and to wait it out.  I have doctor's appointments everyday for one thing or another.   I had an ultrasound at my OB to confirm the ER's findings.  After the ultrasound I began to miscarry.  The Midwife has to remove the baby because it got stuck in my cervix.  It was the most horrible experience of my life.  I just started getting a headache and a little dizzy today.  This was my first pregnancy and the whole ordeal was traumatizing. This site make me feel better about the headache.
Had the most horrible experience with this miscarriage. On my 9th week ultrasound, they didn't detect a heartbeat & the Dr. suggested a D&C, I didn't want a D&C, so I decided to miscarry at home. On my 13th week, June 10,  I started to spot & was relieved, 2 days later I started bleeding very heavily where my pad couldn't even hold the blood.  I quickly got into the shower and the blood was just gushing out non-stop with tissue everywhere. My husband rushed me to ER, cuz the bleeding wouldn't stop.. They ended up doing an emergency D&C and my hemoglobins dropped from a 12 to 8, because of all the blood loss. Stayed overnite to check if my hemoglobin was going to drop below 8, cuz a blood transfusion would be needed. Had the worst headache the next morning in the hospital and they gave me ibuprofen.. Did not work at all... Didn't need the blood transfusion, cuz my hemoglobin stabilized at 8.5, still experiencing the the massive headaches at home, where I would hear my heart beating in my head.. so painful..& laying down doesn't help either.  So relieved with this forum that Im not alone and I just sent my husband to get me some coffee, I hope ice coffee is just as effective.  Thank u All.
I miscarried at 13.5 wks only 4 days ago.  It was 4th baby and 1st miscarriage.  It all came out naturally within 24 hours...crazy freakish amounts of blood and guts came out.  At the end of it my whole body was yellow and I could not stand or I would be so dizzy I'd faint and I was short of breath and felt like I didn't have any oxygen in my body.  But I just went to bed and ate liver and greens the next day and that helped.  Then the past 3 days I have had this migraine every one is talking about, only it keeps getting worse.  It is horrible right now.  I just want to cry because my head is throbbing so severely and it's making my nauseous b/c it hurts so bad.  It's the evening right now, so I can't try caffeine, but will tomorrow.  I do hope this goes away.  
My wife had a D & C 3 months ago and is still feeling these headaches. It's on and off, and I noticed that she has been very fatigued. Anybody else experience the same?
18 years old here, and I've just experienced my first miscarriage, 6 weeks along, with lots of blood and clots, no medical insurance and about 2-2 1/2 weeks later im getting these bad headaches where I get dizzy and faint when standing, loud noises hurt, but I also hit my head on the corner of a couch behind my ear about the same time ago (It didn't seem too hard but took about 15 minutes for the pain to subside), so Im a bit scared and not sure what to do and what it could be. Any advice would be very helpful.
Hello, I had an miscarriage on Aug 16,2010. This was my second pregnancy. I am 38 yrs old. The miscarriage felt like a period. Soon as I had the miscarriage I developed the headaches, I also took some tylenol. ( it helped). My docotor stated to me that a miscarriage can be just like a period or in large blood clots. Sorry for everyone's loss. God is going to bless us with a healthy pregancy again just believe and have faith.
I had a m/c a week ago tomorrow. I have been experiencing horrible pounding throbbing headaches. headaches are not uncommon for me, but normally, i can just lay my head on a pillow and have the lights off and no sound, and the pounding will normally stop. this time, even that didnt work. the pounding was the same whether i took tylenol, took the sound and light away, or laid my head on a pillow. I also thought it felt similar to a caffeine headache, despite the fact that it has been a while since i've drank caffeine, but sure enough, the caffeine took the throbbing away. i was amazed. another thing i have experienced since the m/c is dizziness and fainting. This i am assuming is d/t blood loss, and has gotten alot better since the blood loss has slowed down. Also, i have experienced bad dreams.. not about the miscarriage or anything ...mainly they have been about my fiance dying or things like that. anyone else have bad dreams/nightmares after a m/c? and if so do they stop with time:?
I had a D&C 2 weeks ago and since then I've been experiencing hot flashes, severe head aches and dizziness. I'm not sure if this is from a sudden drop in hormone levels or infection.  I've never been one to get head aches so I'm really hoping they go away.  Pain killers have been of no use.  Has anyone been to their follow-up appointment and fished for answers to these issues??

It's really starting to get in the way of day to day activities.  I have my follow-up in about a week. If I don't hear back I'll ask the doctor and get back to everyone with an answer.  Thanks everyone.
Same here, I found out I lost the baby at my first prenat appt 8 wks a day before my b-day. but I waited to have a natural m/c. By the time it was 11 weeks I couldn't wait anymore and used the pills; however they did not complete the process so I ended up having a d/c the next day. It has been a week and a half and i'm still having these migraine headaches. Bright light hurts the muscles behind my eyes and I get random sharp pains on either side of my head, its awfull. However coffee works great for the morning migraines, but I don't want to drink coffee for the evening migraine. I tried green tea and tylenol tonight and that worked for about 3 hours.

I too had a miscarriage about a week ago.Still bleeding some on a daily basis. On Monday the headaches began and they are very painful. The Tylenol takes about an hour or so to kick in and then only last for so long. Then there's the eyes pressure that I started feeling yesterday, just awful. Seen my ob today and she said it was normal. Still very painful. Sorry for everyone's loses.  
I miscarried last week and went to the er yesterday.  I have had 4 children, 1 dnc and 1 misscarriage.  I have leg pain, cramps (I don't even have with my period) back pain, like back labor, diareaha, nauseua, and a head ache like I have never felt.  My blood pressure is high  157/100 at the er it was 197/91.  My normal pressure is 120/70  No one is concerned.  The er said I was dehydrated.  I drink caffine and plenty of fluids on a regular basis.  I have never felt like this before.  My OB sent me to the er whne I called.  So now what.  I feel like ****, still have an underlying headache, constipation and then dariaha.  WTF. I am starting to believe that it's in my head becasue no one has an answer.  The OB says got to the er, the er says one thing and to follow up with the ob.  But I am not pregnant anymore.   WHERE DO I GO FOR ANSWERS AND HELP?
I had a miscarriage and DnC last wk on Valentines day and now i'm getting terrible migraines. Does anyone know how long they will last?
hi..had a mc 1 week ago and having headaches when 4pm or afternoon comes is it normal? how and when will be this last? thank u so much ..GodBless us all.
I live in New Zealand and have just had a miscarriage 2 days ago and lost 2 litres (we have metric measurements here!) of blood, went into cervical shock and had to have a D&C - they did not give me a transfusion either. It is so helpful to see that I am not the only one experiencing these throbbing headaches. This morning after lying around feeling sorry for myself I decided to just get up - I feel very weak but actually with a coffee and some activity I could ignore my throbbing head for a while. I was given very little advice about the reasons for the headache in hospital. Hopefully it will be gone in a week once I have eaten lots of iron rich food. Thanks for your comments again.
I had an early natural miscarriage wed may 30. Only bled for about 5 days. 3 days after the MC I started feeling dizzy and it's been on and off since with random headaches on random spots. Is this because of hormones too? I didn't bleed for about a week then started spotting a rusty red colour which has been going on only when I wipe for 5 days now. I feel like a total disaster and don't know whats normal or what I'm supposed to feel. Your comments have definitely helped. I feel like a lot of it is anxiety from not knowing. Can someone help my piece of mind some more. Really appreciate it.

Jen
Help! I had a miscarrriage, I had the baby a week ago. I was 14 wks, i would have had my 3rd baby boy... It was very tramatic as I had him in our camper! Thank god my 4 year old and 6 month old were asleep and didn't wake up. I had a dnc because the placenta wouldn't detach and I was bleeding very bad. My blood count was down to 8 after surgery, and my blood pressure dropped to 46/30! However, I wasn't given a blood transfusion. My headaches began 3 days before the bleeding began and have not stopped. I am in serious need of advice.... I can't take care of my kids with this pain. I am 22 and I had an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy the year after my first son was born and a miscarriage caused by some sort of mole on my cervix the following year. My body didn't recognize the baby had passed at 8wks 2days. I had another ultrasound when i should hv been 10wks 5 days, which led to a DNC a day later. But i did not experience these headaches after. Can anyone explain this?? Please let me know if you know of anything. Thank you... Very sorry for your losses! I really do know how you feel
I just had found out I had a misscarriage about 2 days ago. My headache started today!...Its not so intense but my head does feel warm, butt when my husbands feels my head he says its not warm. Is he just being a jerk or should I get checked ? I'm one of those *hate the doctor , think I'm always gonna die type of girl* ..Well I'm scared
Hello, I had a miscarriage 3weeks ago and had a D and C, I bled for 10days without headaches. But I'm now having this severe headache for the past week. It starts lightly in the morning but increases gradually till it reaches a point where I feel like vomiting. And this happens in the evening. I need help. I don't know if it is normal or not.
Hi ladies, i too have just had an MC & suffering bad with migraines. Its comforting to know im not the only one, hope they go soon. Sorry for your losses & love to you x
I also feel the same like all of you Thanks God i am not alone. You all makr me have comfort, I lost by 3 month pregnancy i bleed all day heavenly i pass out my 10 years boy was @ home and call 911i don't remember anything know it has being 5 day my head pounding just like heart beat i can hear it on my right ear.My doctor told me i lost a lot of blood that's why it happen and she say soon it will go away. I wish you all the best!