Heavy Bleeding, Long Time, Miscarriage
I started bleeding real lightly 4 weeks ago. I thought it was a period. I have always been really irregular, having my period once every 4-5 months. I went to the doctor Friday and they told me I was pregnant. It was either early stage or I was having a miscarriage. I had a miscarriage.I don't know when, and the doctor said it could have been any time in the last few weeks. However, I am still bleeding as bad as, if not worse than before. I just wanted to know how long a woman should bleed after a miscarriage before getting worried? I am also cramping worse now than before, and I am worried about that as well. Tylenol does nothing for it. Any help would be greatly apreciated. We are still in shock. We did not even know we were pregnant. Thank you.

Lisa
I miscarried at 8weeks, early Oct 07 - after a heavy bleeding and was diagnosed with missed abortion without going through a D &C.  The bleeding carried on for about 2 weeks with intermittent spotting after and stopped completely for only about 4 days before I experienced more bleeding and stopped again over a week.. Then I got what I think is a new menstral cycle.. bled for a week and stopped for another, but on day 13 I started bleeding again... which I gathered is during the ovulation period...   the bleeding still continues and it's late Nov already!  I'm beginning to feel the bleeding will not stop and am worried that it will not resume the normal cycle of 28 days.  Is this natural?  Should I go for a D and C?/  
I am also going through a miscarriage at 12 weeks the baby died at 9 weeks and I have been bleeding for a week now on and off again.  I found this website to be pretty helpful.

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/recovery.htm
I miscarried twice. The first was 20 weeks. The Drs says it was an infection they could not identify as all tyh eblood results was normal. The waters just burst at home. The 2 years, after musch fear, I got pregnant again. Miscarried again at 18 weeks. Now they are saying it was an incopetent cervix. Throughout the 18 weeks I have asked them to look at myu cervix to which they stated it was long and closed. No concern! Now the second miscarriage happened again at home when I felt something moved and then a sack started to come down. I am so frustrated as I think they do not care. I am 41 and you just get the feeling the Drs dont care about women over 40. Anyone feel that way?
Luckily I didnt need a D&C as the U/S showed minimal tissue in both cases. Now I am bleeding for 10 days and still is..sometimes light.
Should I be worried?
I am so hurt I cannot begin to think straight.
Any answers?
I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

My situation isn't as severe, but I'll share it anyway. Sometime in 2000, I got pregnant for the first time. At ten weeks, my right fallopian tube ruptured, and I had to have emergency surgery. The baby was growing inside the tube, which no one knew. It was ectopic. The surgeon said that I could still get pregnant, but that it would be hard.
Seven months later, I got pregnant again, and i now have an amazing 6 1/2 year old son.

About two weeks ago, I miscarried. I had been trying with my husband for almost a year, since just before our wedding. I was worried from the moment that I found out about an ectopic, but I NEVER CONSIDERED a miscarriage.

I have already realized while writing this post that I'm doing it more for me than for anyone who may read it, although I hope it helps someone in some way.

I found out that I was pregnant on the night of my missed period-- I knew! I'm really regular, and it always comes during the day. At about 10 p.m. I took a test, and it was positive but BARELY! I stared at it for about five minutes, trying to be sure that I wasn't making up that second line. Took another one the next morning, and sure enough. Went in to the doctor the same morning for a blood test, and it was official. I was over joyed.
One week later, the bleeding began.
I'm gonna cut myself short because this is getting really long. Anyway, I sincerely hope that I get pregnant again, and have a healthy, wonderful baby. I hope the same for everyone else who reads this and wants that in their lives.
Sincerely-
Sam
P.S.

This is technically day 15 since the miscarriage bleeding started. I thought that I was finally done bleeding, but I went to the bathroom 30 minutes ago and out of no where it was back. I've read every post on this website and from what I gather, there is no "normal" timeframe to be done bleeding. I would keep in touch with your doctors office, but I personally feel at least a little bit better now after reading about all these other people who had bled for more than two weeks.
I need answers and have no idea how to find them. Please can anyone help??!!  I am Sorry for the losses that I have read of, from those who have posted here--I am hoping that I can find answers and hopfully, help.  I am 42, have a 18 month old son, and we were trying for a second child.  I took a " Clear blue easy" and was definately pregnant, that was tuesday april 8th 2008. Two days later I noticed brownish discharge and tried to take it easy--not panic.  By 4 am on april14th it had changed to heavy bleeding ,clots & cramping.  In the E.R. an U/S showed that there was no longer a pregnancy.They offered a D&C, but did not reccomend it, saying that it would "pass normally"   I got discharged with a 3-day supply of Methergine( which I did take) and a 4-day supply of Percocet.  So far, EVERY day since I have been consistently  bleeding-  EXCEPT- for three days.  These 3 days (including today) have had massive clots, bleeding gushes that flood down my legs, and cramping that requires the Percocet that I originally had not taken( but  now am very glad- that I have it to take!!!)  Can anyone tell me why I am still bleeding?? or when it might stop?? or even if this is halfway normal? I'm sorry this is so long. Please, Is it that I am still greiving? Is there anything I can take -or any excercises I can do??  Is there anything anyone knows of that can help?? Please all comments are welcome, Please, please, Please HELP.
Thank you all,                                                
CaNason
I miscarried Feb. 29. I've been to the emergency room, had ultrasounds, and had any remaining tissues vacuumed out.  It is now May 17th and I'm still having light bleeding. I have had two periods since the miscarriage, both being extremely heavy, about 12 days long. Then, bloody discharge comes back and never stops. What's the deal? I was 12 weeks along and this has happened 3 other times but on the others I stopped after 2 weeks or so. I have three healthy kids already. Has anyone bled for this long before? Does any have any ideas what is going on? I keep telling the nurse and she's not alarmed. I'm worried something more is wrong but no one will see me. Please, does anyone have insight for me?
There are tons of posts asking how long it goes on for...and very little that actually say when they returned to normal....has anyone returned to a normal cycle and if so how long?
Hi All,

I am sorry for the losses. I went to the ER July12th, 2008 and was diagnosed with Blighted ovum and it showed some tissue still remaining. I had started off with spotting and mild bleeding 3 days before. It appears the bleeding worsened after my ultrasound. Well, today July14th I have been having cramps that are worse than labor pains and are coming and going every 5 minutes. A few hours later after sitting in a hot tub trying to relieve the pain since aleve/tylonel wasn't heping..i started bleeding even heavier and having large clots and tissue constantly coming out. I had a big pad on for 20 minutes and it was soaked. I could tell when I was going to have a big clot come because I had an urgency to go sit on the toilet..not only take even after wiping and standing up blood was rushing down my leg. Now, I am on my second pad and I am worried about possible hemmorage because I have ran to the bathroom twice and big gigantic clots with a rush of blood keeps coming and will not stop. I was about 12 weeks and this is my second miscarriage. The one prior of this started with heavy bleeding and I had to have a D&C done. After the first one I only bled lightly for a few days. Right now the way I am bleeding can't possibly be normal since it states to return back to the ER or OB/GYN if you soak 3 pads in 3 hours..well 2 pads for me within an hour...Anyone with any help it would be gladly appreciated.
Hi an update I went to the ER and they had to suction out a number of huge clots which was causing me to bleed the way I was. By the time I arrive I had soaked 5 pads in 3 and half hours. I will still have bleeding and tissue passing but thank goodness it's not has bad and my pain is completely gone. He stated that you should not bleed longer than 10 days after a miscarriage and if so you need to promptly see your OB/GYN.
i lost my baby lastnight i was 6 weeks along,but i had been bleeding for a week before,but lastnight i had BAD BAD cramping this am woke to pee and pasted huge clots and lots of blood like a sink.....how much more bleeding will take place????????im 27 and this would have been my first baby.to all of you dealing with this im so sorry it is so hard to be so happy to so so sad so fast GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.......
IT VERIES BUT IF YOU ARE WORRIED I WOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR. I HAD A MISCARRIAGE AND A LOSS OF TWINS AT 21 WKS AND THE BLEEDING LASTED ABOUT 2 WKS. MY BEST FRIEND HAD A MISCARRIAGE, AND THE BLEEDING LASTED ABOUT 4-5 WKS.
Hey everyone.. I'm happy I came across this site.. Sunday I moved from SC to WV to be closer to family when I have my baby.. I was 8 weeks along, and Monday morning I woke with one SHARP pain- but I fell asleep afterward.. then I woke up a couple hours later, and had a thought in my head "I'm not pregnant anymore" I can't explain it to anyone- but somehow I just KNEW.. I went to the bathroom and wiped some MASSIVE blood clots along with toilet-paper filled bright red blood. I started to cry uncontrollably.. it woke my husband and we are currently staying with his parents- they even heard me. We have been trying to have a baby for awhile now.. but I have other medical conditions that may have slowed me down.. called CIDP (it's like MS)
Anyways.. they all tried to get me to goto the ER..but I was in such depression I didn't want it finalized..but these "contractions" started EVERY 5 minutes on the DOT. It's just an agonizing pain for about a minute- then it goes away and I have to rush to the bathroom to remove all the blood and clots. No tissue yet.
I eventually called my insurance to see it they'd cover and ER visit- they said yes, so I went. I had an abdominal U/S done and a transvaginal U/S, along with a pelvic exam and many pokes and prods. All this time and pain- the doctor said I definatly had a miscarriage, and I have not yet "passed the sac" and though tramatic- once I pass it, I need to collect it in a jar and bring it back in to be examined under a microscope.
It's now.. Thursday morning 1:30AM.. still bleeding like crazy- and still haven't (to my knowledge) passed the "yolk sac".
I have such abdominal cramps.. and so much bleeding- today I passed, what looked like placenta or something- it was def. tissue of some kind, very stretchy, but not a blood clot ("jello" the doctor called it)
*sigh* I know the logical side of everything, it was my body's way of ending a pregnancy that wasn't forming correctly.. and I was "ONLY 8 weeks along" but I was so very attached already and so excited to have my first baby. I just can't seem to get out of my rut.. especially since I have to constantly be reminded of my baby everytime I have to go change a pad full of what's left of him/her.
And just thinking of seeing the "sac" and having to collect it.. makes me cry. But I also can't imagine just flushing him/her down the toilet either.
Isn't it bad enough we have to suffer such a loss, that we have to deal with the emotional AND bloody physical side of it too?
I don't know when these contractions will end, nor all this blood.. but I hope soon- I just want it overwith, and get a few clean cycles in, before trying for another baby.

My nurse said this when I checked into the ER:
"Don't worry about it honey, just think of all the fun you will have making a new one"
I just stared at her in disbelief.. was that rude? Or am I just emotional?

Oh and to make matters worse- July 29th is when this all happened.. my husband and I's 3 year anniversary. I'm saving the ER wristband.
Is that horrible?
I just lost my baby at 18 weeks gestation and I'm having such a difficult time getting over it. I had been having this thick pinkish colored discharge for about a week and my drs. appt. wasn't far away, so i decided to wait until then to ask him about it. I had read in books that discharge was normal, I was just a little concerned about the color of it. I started cramping evey two minutes and I told the dr. that was on call about it and he said it was probably just an infection and it wouldnt hurt the baby, it would just be a little uncomfortable for me. He said to wait until the next morning to see my dr. The pains started getting real bad and I started to feel like I was in labor. So I went to the ER. They told me that I was just dehydrated and it was causing me to cramp cause the uterous needs to be hydrated. And they sent me home. For the next 24 hours I cramped every 2 minutes still, and it was getting unbearable and I knew something was wrong! But no one would help me. I called the dr. and left a message probably 5 times, and he was in no hurry to call me back. Finally, my water broke and I knew that it was too late! The dr.s wouldn't believe me that I was in labor and now my baby is gonna die! They said even if they would've believed me, there is nothing they could do because it's not a "viable" pregnancy until 20 weeks. I went back to the hospital and delivered my daughter and got my family and I got to hold her and got pics with her. She was perfectly formed and she looked like my husband. She was beautiful and I'm so incredibly sad and angry cause I wanted her so bad! Why couldn't this have happened to someone who didn't want their child? Why me? I buried her on Oct. 24th 2008. It helps me to talk about it and to know that I'm not alone, so any comments are appreciated
I found out I was pregnant on june 23. I was soooo excited, my whole life I have wnted to be a mother. They said I was 6 wks along. I had my 1st sono yesterday, (I should have been 9wks) the sono tech said that my baby didnt even look like I was 5 or 6 wks along. I thought ok maybe we just calculated wrong. Today I had severe cramping, bleeding and clotting. My boyfriend and I went to the emergency room and sure enough i miscarried. Im still bleeding and in alot of pain. emotionaly and physically. All I can do is accept it and know that God is in control... God Bless all of you
When my period was due I had a short/light one. Then 3-4 days later I started to have bad cramping on my left side. My preg test was positive.I started spotting a dark brown color. I had an ultrasound done and the doctor said he couldn't see any sign of pregnancy and my HCG levels were in the 300's/ I was about 5 weeks along. Three days later my Hcg level dropped to 170. I had a miscarriage . That was almost 4 weeks ago. I have been bleeding ever since. In the last week it has gotten heavier. I thought the bleeding stopped about 2 weeks ago. My husband and i had sex and it started again. I didn't think i would be as upset as I was since I know how common this is but it has been difficult and depressing.  Family and friends have been urging me to see a doctor but I know it's common to bleed this long. I am just sick of it. It is my first pregnancy and I am having weird feelings like I did something wrong and that I'm not sure now that I want a baby..But I know it's not my fault. This website has helped me tremendously. I am wondering why my doctor prescribed a baby aspirin? and if I should coninue to take it? and if I should have another Hcg done? It is hard to get in to see my doctor. I am hearing form others that D&C's are not done as often now.  I am also having that bad cramping on my left side today. Is there any chance that I could have gotten pregnant again??I guess my HCG levels would tell me that since my preg test is still positive.
HI
I was about 5 weeks pregnant having cramping on one side and spotting. and had a pelvic ultrasound and the doctor said he couldn't see and ectopic pregnancy but couldn't see any pregnancy at all but that i just may not be far enough along. My Hcg level that day was 370 or so.. 3 days later my Hcg was 170 so I had a miscarriage. SO you really won't know until you've had 2 Hcgs done. That doesn't mean you are in the same situation but that's what happened to me so you should be prepared. Miscarriages are very common and there's nothing you can do about it.
i'm currently having a miscarriage.  i was spotting a couple of weeks ago and it went full on.  it started with a clear discharge that was pinkish that had specks of blood.  it turned into a brownish type of discharge and then bright red.  when it turned bright red, the cramps got stronger.  the cramps act like contractions helping to push out the tissue.  today i was pouring out blood.  soaked pad every 5 minutes!  tons of clots from tissue that had been passed.  finally, i passed a blood covered grayish lump of tissue about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.  blood poured with it. the heavy bleeding has subsided and i hope the bleeding will stop in a week.  i've had other miscarriages, but not quite like this one.  the last miscarriage i had, the bleeding lasted 19 days.  just an fyi...miscarriages are normal.  there are abnormalties that we can't fix.  it is heart wretching and you don't really get over it.  you just grow with the experience.  even those who don't want their babies that suffer miscarriages feel sadness so it's not really fair to say why did this happen to me and not this other person who didn't want theirs.  good luck and stay well :)
I started to miscarry at 5 wks pregnant (first pregnancy)- the day after a long flight- the bleeding lasted 25 days with light clotting and on day 23 passed large clots, what I thought was the placenta.
I chose to go through the m/c naturally as I thought it would help me emotionally by having some control over such an uncontrollable process and having everything taken out of your hands and dealt with in a strictly clinical nature by doctors. And although a terribly long and drawn out process, I think it did help me see it as 'nature taking its course' to deal with an unviable pregnancy. Even so, I have been seeing so many doctors and specialists so it hasn't been entirely 'natural' in that regard. If you're going to do it naturally, expect quite a lot more emotional ups and downs if the bleedings goes on for as long as i did. The 'not-knowing' when it was all going to end is possibly the worst of it all after you've accepted that you've lost the baby.
Although i dont regret doing things naturally, I still feel as if i don't have complete 'closure' that perhaps the D+C would have brought. The operation is just one day. This bleeding went on for 25 days.
The bleeding stopped 3 days ago. I now have a bit of pain in the pelvic area. The doctor doesn't know if infection or not. I had more invasive 'swab' testing to rule out infection- the blood has all been fine up until this point. She will send me to have an ultrasound in 48 hrs if pain does not go away. I was also told by the gyno that an ultrasound only gives shadows and is not an accurate evaluation of left-over 'product' as they call it (surely they could think of another name?!).  
Can anybody describe the pain they felt, if any, after a natural m/c?  Sometimes mine feels like the cervix twinging slightly but other times it is sharp going in all directions. The vagina also feels 'sore'. Everybody has a different experience, but hoping yours could help me make sense of mine?
I%2Bwas%2Bbleeding%2Bfor%2B2%2Bmonths%2Band%2Bwhen%2Bi%2Bgo%2Bta%2Bget%2Bchecked,%2Bi%2Bfind%2Bout%2Bthat%2Bi%2Bam%2Bpregnant.%2BI%2Bhave%2Bno%2Bidea%2Bhow%2Bfar%2Balong%2Bi%2Bwas.%2BI%2Bdid%2Bnot%2Beven%2Bthink%2Bthat%2Bi%2Bcould%2Bget%2Bpregnant,%2Bso%2Byou%2Bcould%2Bimagine%2Bhow%2Bi%2Bfelt%2Bta%2Bknow%2Bthat%2Bi%2Bwas%2Bpregnant,%2Bbut%2Bat%2Btha%2Bsame%2Btime%2Bknow%2Bthat%2Bit%2Bwas%2Blost...%2BI%2Bam%2Bstill%2Bbleeding%2Band%2Btha%2Bdoctors%2Bare%2Bnot%2Btelling%2Bme%2Bnuthen.%2BANYONE%2BHAVE%2BANY%2BADVICE%253F
I recently found out I was pregnant on 2-6-10 then in the morning of 2-7-10 I started heavy bleeding I ended up having to go into the hospital that after they said I was having a miscarage and they took my blood after my blood work came back they said I was 9-10 weeks pregnant. I had no clue I was even pregnant. I ended up having a d & c later on that night because I has tissues still. I am still bleeding and cramping a lot. I have a dr. appointment coming up but I am still worried about it
I was about a month and a half when I miscarried and have been miscarrying for like 3 weeks (maybe a little longer) When I first found out I was pregnant I had an ultrasound and there wasn't much of anything there. They told me it could be to early but they were pretty sure I had a miscarriage. When I went to my follow up with my doctor two weeks later I was still pregnant. My HCG levels we not going up as they should so I continued doing blood work and ultrasounds every other week. It was very stressful because sometimes things started looking up for us then we would lose hope sometimes. My doctor was watching me closely because she said because my HCG levels we low it could be an eptopic pregnancy when the baby would be in my ovary. She told me it would either be an eptopic pregnancy or abnormal and recommended a DNC or a shot she could give me to make me miscarry however I refused. I kept doing the blood work and ultrasounds in hope my baby would be fine however one week when I went to my ultra sound the sac hadn't grown from the previous ultrasound two weeks prior. My doctor called me that night to see if I would do a DNC or get the shot yet but it told her I'd feel more comfortable letting this happen naturally. That is what I did. I started off spotting and since then it goes from light spots some day to heavy bleeding other days. One day I lost a pretty big clot and had tons of pressure for about an hour until I lost another. Other than that for the most part my clots are medium sized and there are tons of them. Also some days I have tightening in my stomach (like contractions) and pain in my back (just like my labor with my daughter because I had back labor) On mothers day (6 days ago) I lost my white clot (which I researched on the Internet and came to the conclusion that it was the sac)I already have an amazing daughter & my pregnancy with her was good for the most part. I never would have imagined in a million years this could happen to me because once you have one you think your fine. All in all I'm okay with this because I know I did everything I could and at least I have one baby. That is more than some people are blessed with so even if I cannot have more I know I have been blessed.
I AM 18 AND I WAS PREGNANT UNTIL I HAD A MISCARRIAGE AFTER PROM(MAY 1), 3WKS AG0, AND I AM STILL HAVING BLEEDING.I HAVENT BEEN TO THE DOCTOR.ONE DAY IT WAS REALLY BAD, AND I WENT HOME. I HAVE NEVER TOLD MY PARENTS...THEY WOULD KILL ME.
WHAT SHOULD I DO.I DONT HAVE A REGULAR DOCTOR, AND I AM CONCERNED ABOUT MY HEALTH.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE.
hi..i have a question.
i'm not sure if i was pregnate or not. I had my period about two n a half weeks ago, then last week i started feeling sick in the morning and around supper time. Now all of a sudden i've been bleeding heavly for the past three days and there are some clots in it with just a bit of cramps every now and again. I'm not sure if this means i was pregnate and now i'm miscarrying because i've never been irreguar in my period.
I talked to a nurse at my doctora office and she just said some people have two periods but that it shouldnt happen all the time but shes not sure and she said i could come in and talk to my doctoe if i want but it wouldnt be until next week.
what do you guys think because i dont know and i'm starting to get worried.
I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks after 7 years of trying, I'm 36 healthy and active and have no children.
I started spotting brown blood on Friday with period cramps and had a scan on the Monday by which time the bleeding was darker but not heavy and found out there was fetus with no heartbeat.
I was Sent home and worried sick, the cramps and bleeding got worse so I took paracetamol which eased pain slightly.
I passed what I think was the fetus and womb lining on Wednesday which was the size of my thumb. The  hospital said this was normal as womb lining came out. I didn't want a d&c and glad I didn't as I was scared of the risks, the bleeding is heavy now I'm soaking pads every hour and wondering how long I'm going to bleed for?
I'm wondering when I can start trying for another baby as safely as possible as I'm 37 this summer and desperate.
HELP!! I had a missed miscarriage on Feb 24th, 2010 at 14 weeks which required a D&E surgery. I bled for 2 weeks afterwards. Then on May 1st I found out I was pregnant. I had an Incomplete Miscarriage on June 9th, 2010 at 10 weeks. It's already June 24th and I still have heavy red bleeding. One doctor told me to go to Emergency at the Hosp, and my Obs/Gyn told me to wait until next week and they will test my HCG levels again. On June 22nd my HCG levels were at 364. I'm not sure why I'm bleeding this long. Could it be my period? I feel lightheaded and weak. What could be the problem?
I have had a m/c before at 9 weeks and am currently experiencing one now at 6 weeks. Unfortunately or fortunately i feel better prepared this time round than i did before which meant that i refused to get my hopes up until i saw a heartbeat and take the pregnancy from a pragmatic angle instead of an emotional one. Every doctor will tell you that 1 in 3 pregnancies dont go to full term we just dont hear about it and when we find out we are pregnant everyone want to be positive not practical.
The best way to understand what is going on is to ask your doctor to allow you to have weekly HGC blood tests essentially they need to sit above 1200 to be considered viable.
Brown spotting can happen with m/c or full term.
Every pregnancy and miscarriage is different and the bleeding all depends on the tissue that you have built up in your uterus. The cramping usually subsides after a clot has passed and using vibrating massage and heat packs on the ovary causing the pain helps to pass.  
Things to look out for, subsiding of pregnancy symptoms, breasts not feeling as sensitive, not tied, no nausea and so on.
The bleeding can go on from 2 weeks to more than a month. Only be concerned when there is a strong smell in the pad.
Drink lots of water and dont be a hero rest up, trying to be too active can prolong recovery and dont give up hope you were able to fall pregnant so you know you dont have to be blaming yourself or looking at you loved one suspiciously.
On the positive side you have a higher chance of falling pregnant after a m/c because your body has completed a natural detox (so to speak).
hi purplepolly, i would really apprciate some help from someone :( does this sound like a miscarriage? my doctor said it was possible but i may have only passed lining coming from me. I have been on the contraceptive pill on and off for the last 3 years. i recently stopped takin it but decided to go back on it because i was goin on holiday and would have been due on my period. i went on holiady 5 weeks ago with my boyfriend where i think i may have got pregnant. i dont know for a fact but i have been bleeding for over 2 weeks now, starting off light like a normal period, this was also the time i should have been on my period however i had went on to my next strip of pills without a break and still came on. Then it went heavy in the second week and i got alot of cramp. in the last 3 days it has went lighter again but this morning i passed what looked like a long fleshy piece of string, followed by light brown blood. could i have been 4-5 weeks pregnant and miscarried? please help also now i am only spotting not actually bleeding. thanks!
I was eight weeks pregnant and started to miscarry today. I never really had cramps early but my back hurt really bad (which it often does because I stand all day at my job). About 8 tonight, I started bleeding really bad and I've passed a few small clots and 3 really big ones. I've bled through 3 pads since 9 and I'm now havong cramps. I don't think I've passed everything yet. Thanks everyone for your comments, they've really helped me a lot, but I'm still scared about whats going on. I don't have insurance so I hadn't even been to the doctor yet, and I can't afford any medical bills. If I'm still bleeding this heavy tomorrow, I think I'm going to the ER. Again, thanks for the posts, I don't feel so alone now. My worst fear about being pregnant was having a miscarriage and now its happened.  :(
Hi, so sorry for all your losses, its been a week today since i miscarried, i was 13 weeks but baby was only developed to 6 weeks, so i was told i had a missed miscarriage, i decided on a natural miscarriage, but now wish i had a d&c, last friday i started getting really bad pains then i stood up and the blood just poored from me, i was covered i might as well of not had a pad on as it went straight through it and straight through my jeans, i sat on the toilet until the paramedic came (which i should'nt of really done, he told me i should of lay flat ) any way he came and rang the ambulance staright away and i got rushed into hospitial, my miscarriage had got stuck in the neck of my womb, causing my utreus not being able to contract back down which was cousing the bleeding, the blood loss was horrifc they got me ready for theature and had me ready for a blood transfusion, but luckly i had 3  wonderful doctors who managed to stop the bleeding, i did end up passing out due to the blood loss and ended up on a drip and oxygen, its taken me all week to feel some what normal again although not back to 100% eeling lots better, i've been so weak and dizzy and very tired, im still bleeding today and just wanting it to stop, although its not that heavy its there all the time with the odd bit of a clot, i know its only been a week today, but does anyone know when it stops, or is it just different with eveyone?
hi, sorry for your loss, if your still bleeding heavy tomorrow i'd go to your gp, as you can never be to sure, i had very bad bleeding  and called the paramedic and its a good job i did, as my miscarriage was stuck in the neck of my womb! hope everything go's ok for you and keep us posted. x
It's been two weeks since my miscarriage. I finally stopped bleeding the other day. I called my dr on the 9th and she told me to go to the hospital to get blood work done to check my hormone levels. My levels dropped from the 9th to the 12, confirming I did have a miscarriage. I also have to go back for bloodwork once a week until my hcg level goes back to zero. As of the 19th it hadn't. I have a follow-up dr appointment on Aug 3rd. I'm sorry for your loss too  :(
thanks for all your comments to read its helped me understand whats happening to me see i am only 18 i lost my boyfriend 4 months ago tommorow but anyway thats not really the point i had sex with him a couple of nights before he died a couple of weeks monthish later i had a lot of symptoms metalic taste, unrinating more, sickness, tender bress and darker circles around my nipples on the 15th december 2010 i started bleeding it was very light and a pinkish watery colour now 12th january 2011 it is so heavy when i urinate its basicly blood (sorry fpr the gory details) and the pain i have never felt anything like it before but its below the tummy like underneath. my back hurts alot more but i was in a car crash at the beggining of december so i dont know if its that but i keep getting very hot and then cold as well.

i wished if my life was a lot more simple and i just hope you can give your advise if you do think that it is

many thanks

paige x
I am in the same boat as you. At about 5-6 weeks I started spotting, just old blood at first with cramping. Ultrasound showed a good gestational sack but within 48 hours the blood was fresh and and lot of clotting. My hcg had only increased a bit. My cervix was still closed fairly tightly but the flow was heavier. Cramping got worse and suddenly I passed tissue...a little fleshy sack. My hcg had dropped. They test it weekly to make sure keeps going down but I am still bleeding over 9 days after the miscarriage (total of 2 weeks). I am not sure if I will need to go in for a d&c. The doctor said the fact I got pregnant was encouraging. But the medication I was taking--Effexor (generic is Venlafaxine)--could have caused the m/c even though I have been weening off of it. It's tough but you and I will get through it.  Good luck and God bless.
Hello everyone as have I, I have never used this before or never posted anything, two weeks ago I found out that I was pregnant after having two other miscarriages this past year and once again I started to have light brownish spotting, so I went to the hospital on thursday and they told me that there was no way that I was pregnant even though I have had 4 positive tests at home. I have 2 very healthy children now that are 10 and 8 and I really wanted to have another child so bad, I have been trying to have another baby so long and then I had those 2 miscarriages last year and was really excited when I found out that I was pregnant again. When I went to the hospital on thursday they did an exam on me and said that my cervix was closed, so my question is could I still be pregnant since it is closed and still be bleeding the way that I am? I am sorry to be blabbling on but no one seems to have any answers for me, any help would be great.
I recently had a miscarriage and have been bleeding for two months now. Some days it's really light-some days heavier than any period I've had before. I went to the doctor about it but she says it's normal as long as I don't test positive, which I no longer do. I would say we are just the lucky few that bleed longer than most.
Hi Aria22 hope u feel better i too had a miscarriage july 10 with a uterine infection due to an iud that was still inside my uterus. i was about 13 wks pregnant and was given medication to flush all of the mc naturally. i bled less and less after i passed the baby and then coming home from the hospital, i even stopped bleeding for a week only toresume bright red period bleeding again so imnot sure if its my period or continuation of the miscarriage but its very frustrating to bleed that long! the dr has already seen me last week and told me the uterus looks almost back to its original size. i hope the bleeding stops already! nancy
hi ,  im  names Sarah and im  only 17 i found out two weeks ago i was 2 months pregnant it was all ok  but then this morning about half 11 i  spotted blood in  my knickers very light but around half 12 its got an bit darker and i  had some cramps and an few clots too.  and now its gone back lighter i  hope my baby ok  because i  feel an bit better now at 3pm  but still some cramps and still  bleeding fairly a lot  if you can give me some advice Nancy or anybody on here email me sarah-***@****  i  got an appionment at south mead hospital tomorrow morning so  i  hope everything is OK  but im  dreading it through just in case i have miscarried  .  please contact me back i  need advice
I too just found out I was pregnant and miscarried all in the same day I have no clue hhow far along I was but had an ultrasound and the baby was gone and since it was only yesterday I'm not too worried about the rapid blood loss
My pregnancy ended 4 months ago when the fetus died.  I didn't do the D.N.C. procedure. I took medication to help flush everything out but it didn't work, then a few weeks later I started bleeding and it started coming out naturally. I have been bleeding on and off since then. On two occasions I had to go to the hospital because I was bleeding extremely heavily. This occurred once two months into the miscarriage and once 3 weeks later. All the while I have been bleeding on and off  and still am. Last week my pregnancy hormone level finally went below 5, allowing me to start birth control again, but I am still bleeding and the bleeding has gotten heavier since I started birth control which nurses say is normal during this process. I'm hoping the bleeding ends soon since my hormone levels are down but right now it has been 4 months since this all started.
I am 8wks pregnant and I've been bleeding for 2wks. I've been to three different hospitals and they all have told me something different. I'm really scared because I could be having a  miscarriage and don't know. Lots of blood and cramping here and there.
im having a miscarraige at the moment i didnt know i was pregnant
it was so spooky reading it as my name is lisa it was just like me talking
i havent told my partner yet he knows im bleeding heavy but as he didnt know i was pregnant
lisa
I was four weeks pregant this time last year when i found out i lost the bby .i didnt no i was pregant untill i startd bleeding very heavy i didnt no wat was happening i was scared. I bleed for 3weeks after n the pain was horrible i didnt sleep n cudnt move when i went bk to the hospital the doc tld me there was another heart beat i cudnt believe it ! Emma
I went in 10/15 with gushing blood knowing something was wrong they estimated gestation at 7a wks but my math for normal period put me at about 10a as I had been bleeding non stop for 3a weeks but after 5 babies was told normal, still bleeding after a month starting and stopping, now I'm cramping severly again, when I cough feels like pulled muscles under my muscles, and back down to spotting again but stomach is bloating? Dr says normal in natural miscarriage but the bloating and pain are worrying me???? Any answers??
Hello
Me and my boyfriend had sex a week and 4 days ago. and i started bleeding really heavy this morning. i have used 4 tampons in 9 hours and all of the tampons were filled with blood..  i got off my period about 2 weeks ago. i have been having cramps.. and headaches. and feeling sick.. but not to the point to where i have to throw up. am i having a miscarriage?
I was in a car accident yesterday, and walked away with only chest pain. Late last night I had cramps so bad I was on the floor. 3 days ago my home pregnancy test was posotive. Im bleeding very heavy. I had not yet told my husband of our soon to be. Im devastated, I dont know what to do and I dont know how to tell him. I hate doctors and would also like to know if I have to be seen, or if I can cope with just loving support. All advice is appreciated.

Go to the doctor immediately if you think you are pregnant. Always.
Depending on how far along a person is sometimes they can stop the contractions. After all my babies, and 2 miscarriages I was told that if you are soaking a pad an hour, you need medical attention.

I am sorry you are having to go through this. It is painful. My daughter is having the same thing right  now. The way she describes it I am sure she's having a miscarriage.

If you are having a miscarriage and the other person, in the other car, was at fault you may have a strong legal case against them. Make sure your Doctor checks your HCG and anything else out that proves you are/were pregnant. Get all paper work. If you are and have the doctors proof, you may have your medical bills compensated as well as pain and suffering.

You will find that some doctors are good, kind and compassionate. And others shouldn't be doctors at all. But unfortunately we must go out in to the unknown to find out. If he shouldn't be a doctor, go and find another one. I have had many experiences with both. Be Brave.

I've been bleeding Oct 19 2015:today would make seven weeks I DT like doctors so I'm tryn to do it natural but its a pain in the *** when u wake up and have blood everywhere
Can bv b a reason y I'm bleeding to I've been having a reoccurring bv infection since jun of 2011 please help is their away I can get rid of bv without having to go and c a doctor ,like a natural herb or over the counter medicines please help
Am 4weeks pregnant on Dec 24 I took painkiller drugs,on Dec 24 I started bleeding heavy and it only last for 5days.pls am I still pregnant cos have been reading that when someone hav m/c the bleedin stop 2_3weeks letter.pls can someone help me.