Aa
A
A
Close
Hormone tests after 1 miscarriage
Hi everyone,

I suffered a m/c last month. I was supposed to have been 6 1/2 weeks but scan showed that baby had stopped developing soon after implantation. I bled for 8 days and had mild cramps on day 2. Very smiliar to a heavy period but with clots. HCG level was at 201 when had scan done and dropped to 4 within 10 days.

I am desperate to start ttc after I get my normal period which I'm hoping will come next week. I really want to get hormone tests done especially for progesterone because I believe I may have a hormonal imbalance. I am not medically trained so this is just my opinion but I have hormonal acne (i'm 31 and had acne for 9 years) plus get very bad pms plus other symptoms. I have been regular for long time but few years ago I did get the odd cycle where I would spot in between periods but this hasn't happened in at least 2 years.

Anyway, to get to the point, I am seeing a gynaecologist on nhs in over a week as scan showed possible polyp. Can anyone tell me if the gynaecologist or even my GP would let me have my hormones checked after one m/c. I know usually a woman has to experience 3 m/c's before investigative blood work is done but I thought that was more for immunity rather than hormones. If I do have hormonal imbalance and low progesterone then this could have been cause of m/c and may affect future pregnancy so I would rather know now before ttc rather than later.

Any clarification on whether this could be done on nhs after one m/c or 3 would be greatly appreciated.

All the best to you all and wishing you lots of baby dust x
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
3224409 tn?1356210427
I had mc last yr nhs did not perform ny testings. Buh i think mke ur doctor refer u to gynae he mite be able to do it for u. Nhs has dere own system. My focmy gp did not perform nything for me not evn hcg levels. Told me 2 c midwife but i was already having mc. I m sure if u say u think u hvevsum fertility issues n u wona c doc in hospital thy mite help u.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
You are correct in that typically no testing is done until after 3 losses.  However, if there is reason to believe there is a medical reason, I'm sure that policy is not carved in stone.  Discuss your concern with your Dr. and see what they think.  All the best to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Miscarriages Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703