Miscarriages Community
How do you cope..

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

How do you cope..

This was my first pregnancy...and completely unplanned. My SO and I were just getting used to the idea of a baby...and getting a little excited and happy...when I had a m/c. I was about nine weeks along. At first I hid it...and denied it. I didn't even tell my SO that it had happened. I was scared and a bit ashamed. In the beginning I was praying that I wasn't pregnant because a baby is the last thing we need in our lives right now (even typing that up made me feel like crying). Lately I've been overly emotional, feeling hopeless and I'm always blowing up at my SO over nothing. And I feel terrible about it. It wasn't until I finally broke down and talked to him about it that I realized just how much it's been bothering me. I've always wanted to be a mommy, and I know I want to have kids with him one day (though neither of us is ready at the moment). I was told about a year ago that I might have trouble having children because of a ruptured appendix when I was 16. I guess the reason that I am so upset is that I feel like this is the beginning of what I've been fearing all along. How are others dealing with this loss?
Hi, I had a mc in 09 and got pregnant 2wks after the mc... I never had time to greif... I have learned u can't hold it in.. its not good... I suggest going to theriapy n talking to someone... honestly I've never got over it.. some ppl might but it jus depends on u.. all I can say is take it day by day
I was only 5 weeks when I miscarried. I only knew about my pregnancy for a mere few days before and when I started bleeding I was shattered! Within a few days you make plans and almost can't sleep because you are so excited so I can't imagine being further along and losing a baby.
Time does heal all wounds. Find someone that you can talk to or just have some good talks with your SO. It sounds to me that you are a little on the depressed side. Make sure you talk it out.
Good news has come out of this though and that's the fact that you ARE able to get pregnant.
Something that had helped me was knowing how common early miscarriage really is and it's nothing that you do specifically. Unless you are a wreckless person. It's the fact that something was not growing right or was genetically wrong.
I hope you feel better soon!
I just MC at 10 weeks i was going to the doctors to here the heartbeat for the frist time and the doctor could not find it so we did an ultrasound and thats when she discovered that the baby had past i had a D&C friday for it because the baby had not grown in a week and it was not passing this is very hard for me because before i found out i was pregnant my boyfriend of 3 years called off our wedding and ended things with me the next day i found out i was pregnant we were working things out and things were going good and then i found out this news and now everything has just gone down hill again..I know the MC is very hard for me to deal with i keep thingsd to myself and i know i shoudnt u just have to take thimgs day by day and just know that god has a better plan for you and your baby
well I have had 4 miscarriages. And each was hard for me. After i talked to the father about it it heloped me cope with it. You cant let it get you down... you have to talk to someone about it. You expected to be emotional. And dont give up hope on having children bc what doctors say and what happens isnt always by the book. It may take a while for you to concieve (conceive) but it will happen for you jus dont stress out
Thank you for all of this. My SO had lost a baby before...with someone else. I guess he couldn't handle it this time because four days ago he broke things off. Said he had to find himself and disappeared. I'm broken. Just when I needed him the most, he left. I feel broken and lonely, but apparently it's normal for men to walk away after something like this has happened. I'm trying to get passed it, but this has made it even harder...thank you for all the advice and kind words.