Miscarriages Community
How long after dnc to get period?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

How long after dnc to get period?

I had a dnc 3 weeks ago.  How long does it normally take to start your period after dnc?  I am ready to get my period and ovulate once again!!!

Thank you!!!
Hi, there is no exact answer to your question, as everyone's body is different and everyone will get their period when their body is ready. I had a natural miscarriage then six weeks later i was still beleeding and had a suction D&C and a blood vessel cortorised in the same operation. I got my period two weeks after op. I was lucky to get it so fast after but it had been a total of eight and a half weeks after my miscarriage!

I hope you get it soon. Sorry i could n't be of more help.
can you please tell me what a d&c is and what they do, i misscarried 3-4 wks ago been having hormone blood tests every 48hrs since n my hormone level is still too high, they also did an internal scan and i still got retained products so they r leaving it a week to see what happens but they said i might need a d&c. can any one pls explain???
thanks
It can come 4-6 weeks after.. I got mine 30 days after the D&C.
A D&C is a surgical procedure where the doctor dilates your cervix and using either suction or scraping (sorry for the graphic word), removes the products of conception.  Usually you are under some type of anesthesia, but that depends on your doctor.  I had a D&C on August 6, and the actual procedure was pretty easy.  The recovery time is different for everyone, but just remember that your body has been pregnant and has to deal with all of the hormones in addition to your emotional strain.  I am sorry for your loss and wish you the best.