How long will it take to miscarry an empty sac?
Hi All, Had a 1st miscarriage last dec @ about 8wks.... didnt expect to fall preg so soon after ... had an early scan 5/6 wks, there was a yolk sac ...2 days later i started to spot... had another scan @ 6.5/7.5 wks which showed an empty sac ... has this happened to anyone before?  The hospital has advised me to have a D&C but i would prefer to let things happen naturally ... how long will it take to miscarry the empty sac?  It is so life destroying & Im holding out to the hope the scan was wrong as im still experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms & I have had no bloods checked for hormone levels.
My situation was a bit different but I also opted for a natural miscarriage. The baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I did not pass the baby until 4 weeks later (at what would have been 10-11 weeks of pregnancy). So it took my body 4 weeks to miscarry. During that time I spotted/light bleeding. No cramps until the actual day I passed the baby. I am glad I had a natural miscarriage...I needed that time and to go through the experience to realize that it was real. A d&c wasn't for me.