Miscarriages Community
How much bleeding is too much during a miscarriage?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

This is my first miscarriage so i dont know really what to expect and since it is the weekend i cant call my doctor.  I found out this last wednesday at my 8 week mark that i had 3 empty sacs.  I have been bleeding for a while so the doctor said that i had miscarried them and i would probably miscarry the rest on my own.  She set up another appt. next week to make sure. But the bleeding has increased alot.  I know there will be alot of bleeding during a miscarriage but i dont know how much is too much.  I thought i had been bleeding alot in the past two days when i started passing these large blood clot things.  But today in the last two hours i have been to the bathroom 8 times and each time there has been alot and i mean alot of bleeding.  It feels like i have to pee and i have to run because there is so much bleeding at that point.  I cant even get my panties off before bright red blood kinda of just pours out.    Is this normal?
I am so sorry you are going through this, I can sympathize as I am currently having a miscarriage too.  I started bleeding yesterday, passed a large gray clot, I assume is my baby.  The bleeding has since stopped and unlike you am concerned for the opposite that I am not bleeding enough.  I spoke to my nurse on Friday who described what you are going through.  I would say if it continues through the night into tomorrow you may could give your on-call doctor a call just to be sure.  My nurse said to look for fever, vomiting and extremely heavy bleeding to give her call.  If you soak a pad in more than 5 minutes that may be excessive bleeding and it never hurts to call. Good luck and if you ever want to chat let me know.
i am sorry for the both of you, i am in a rut right now cos am not sure if wat i am experiencing is a miscarriage and i dont have anyone to talk to. i have been to the doctor because i was due on my period 3 weeks ago, i did bleed but i have been taking the pill so this would have happened anyway, even tho i had not had a break so it must have been a breakthrough bleed. i bled that week then the next 2 and a half weeks, it got heavier and had mild cramp which i dont normally get. i passed a long stringy bit of flesh with a little ball of blood attatched at the end. after this the bleeding stoppped for a day, then started spotting with mild cramps agen. does this sound like a miscarriage although i didnt know i was pregnant? or was it an extremely long period ending with lining coming from me? please please help.