Miscarriages Community
How much should I be worrying?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

How much should I be worrying?

I am currently 5 wks 2 days into my 4th pregnancy.  i had a full term healthy daughter in 2006. Nov. 2008 I had a DNC at 7 wks because of a blighted ovum.  In Feb 2011 I had my right ovary removed due to a large cyst.  But in April I ended up in the ER having a miscarriage.  I had tested negative on a pregnancy test just 10 wks before due  to the surgery.  The ER said the fetus was 12 weeks! I was so upset to not even know that I was pregnant.  I had another DNC.
My question is how much do I need to worry about miscarrying this baby? I found out right away.  My dr said to take an over-counter test monthly and if it ever came up positive to come in immediately.  Im on baby asprin and 400mgs of progestrone daily.  I had an intravaginal u/s at 5wks and there is a sac with something in it.  I'm in a lot of pain, much more than with my daughter and am really scared of another loss
Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I think that once you have a m/c, or several m/c's, you will always worry.  I know I do.  i really don't think your previous history can predict what will happen with this pregnancy.  Many women have multiple m/c's and then have a healthy baby.  Just continue to do everything your doctor suggests and try to relax as best you can.  I know that's easier said than done.  

So far, sounds like things are just fine.  I dont' know what you mean about the pain, how bad it is, but if it's really worrying you  then you may want to check in with your doctor and see what they say.  I know some cramping is normal. But a talk with the doctor or nurse might put your mind at ease.

I wish you well and hope you have a wonderful 9 months.    
lots of encouragement can be found at misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com
I second what Scout said. Congratulations and best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy and baby.
Congrats! It's definitely scary I had a missed mc at 13 wks baby stopped growing at 9. I am now expecting again and terrified. I even had a meltdown at my doc appt best thing to do is to listen to thhe doctor and relax. Unfortunately mostly all mc are not preventable. It's definitely hard I keep feeling the need to do something that will prevent it.