Miscarriages Community
I am going to miscarry??

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I am going to miscarry??

10 days ago I went to the doctor. They said they say a yolk sac but no fetus. Yesterday I went back and they saw a fetus yesterday but no heart beat. Im arounf 7 to 8 weeks. the doctor immedialty started talking of a pending miscarrage (miscarriage) or need for d &c. Im wondering the pregnancy obviosly progressed to a fetus in ten days isn't it possible that it may be to early for cardiac function and the pregnancy is still viable. isnt the diagnosis of nonviable pregnancy premature
It's very possible that it's too early to see a h/b. Is there a chance you might have O'd late. I have been in this situation twice. With my youngest son they had me terrified that I was going to lose the pregnancy...then after a couple weeks of bloodtests and u/s there he was :D With my last pregnancy they thought I was off on my dates, but I knew I wasn't..it ended in a m/c at 9w3d. You and your little one will be in my thoughts...*hugs*
I have read where some people didn't have a heartbeat detected until after 9wks. Are you scheduled for another U/S? Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done). I wish you the best and let us know.
I agree with Lori. I myself had no hb with this baby and got one at almost 8 wks. Most u/s's don't determine a hb earlier than 8 or 9 wks. Especially if you have low rising numbers I always do. I would wait and request another u/s. Best wishes to you and let me know what happens....I will be thinking about you......

AP
I agree with everyone, I would wait and request another u/s. The heart beat can't always be detected until 8 weeks or so. I know you'll probably worry but just hang on until you have a more definite answer.
Take care
The doctor said wait a few day and come back for an u/s only after I questioning her. I mean there is a fetus now and wasnt 10 days ago.. I think I am going to wait until next week and seek another opinion, If I would have agreed she would have scheduled me for a d&c immediatly.
Shaundra- I hope everything works out for the best for you. I'm a firm believer if you are left with unanswered questions to seek a 2nd opinion. It truly can be life changing and in some cases life saving. Best wishes to you and please let me know what happens....

AP
I am just so confused. I am so upset and angry. I cry at the drop of a dime but still a small part of me says there still a chance. Is it selfish to want answers . I feel like if Im going to miscarry I wish it would just happen and on the other hand I just want someone to tell me my baby is ok. I am going through the emotions of the loss and am terrified to be hopeful.. I dont know what to think anymore
The 'waiting' is so hard, especially when the result you're waiting for is so important - I understand exactly what you're going through.  Is it possible to get another u/s done? - drs have been known to be wrong.....  The uncertainty is very difficult, I hope you have another appointment soon.  Thinking of you.
yes she said I can call to make another u/s. I just want to give it enough time
So i went for another us today the utrasound tech did not see a heatbeat and said the baby measure 6 wks and 1 day. They ordered hcg levels but I am not feeling as hopeful as in days before.They both said to wait another weeks but I am feeling dissapointed. According to LMP i should be 10 weeks I think per ovulation im about 8 weeks. I dont now what to think anymore.. LOSING HOPE
I know how hard this has to be for you. Uncertainty can totally play with your mind. Just remember that things are done by the will of God. That being said, always remain hopeful. I am here if you need to talk.
I know exactly where you are coming from. I went through a very similar situation at 8 weeks, I just wanted to know if I was going to m/c. I ended up m/c at 16w though. It is selfish of me to say this but it would have been better at 8w. I went another 8w thinking everything was going to be ok just to end up dealing with the heartbreak all over again.
I would not give up hope though, try to relax until the u/s. If you need to talk, I'm usually on here quite a bit.
The doctor called my HCG is 41,771. she said its still high and repeat on sunday. Even though its still high it seems kinda low for supposed to be 8 weeks. I know it sounds selfish but if Im going to miscarry I wish I just would. The doctor said if the baby stopped growing it could take a long time to miscarry because everything looks ok and im not cramping or bleeding.
take your time, I understand that if the worst will happen you prefer now then later, its normal feeling. Just think possitive, that your baby could be just fine. I had a m/s and after this I get pregnant again, my signs in first weeks were the same, I was spotting, baby didnt measure right, no h/b, I was 10 weeks they said 6, my HCG levels didnt rise good. I was crying every day and guess what? Im now 27w and everything is fine, every pregnancy is different, stress u putting on yourself dont help. Dont alow doctor do d&c, wait week or two and then do u/s. With this pregnancy they couldnt find h/b for long time, even when I was 12 weeks with dopler they couldnt hear it, I went for u/s they saw h/b. Good luck to u and keep us posted.
I miscarried today. I cramped all day. came home from work and began cramping terribly and passing golf ball size clots. I am still bleeding heavily and called the ob. She said I should be ok and report to the hospital if I start feeling dizzy, I am upset but there is a sense of relief to the waiting game. thanks everyone for thier support
Oh honey, I'm sooo sorry!! I know you're glad that you have an answer now. You've been through a lot. I hope you have time to let yourself heal. If you need anything you know we are all here. Hugs
Shaundra- I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care and Best wishes to you.

AP
I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you must be feeling at this time. You must feel some relief of knowing what's going on with your body, rather than being in doubt everyday. Keep your head up, through God all things are possible.
I'm so sorry for your loss. All of us have been there so if you need someone to talk to..we're all here for you. *hugs*