Miscarriages Community
I am really confused!!! 1.3 progesterone level, 32 HCG and 5 days since...
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I am really confused!!! 1.3 progesterone level, 32 HCG and 5 days since conception

I need help.  My LMP was 11/6/09 and ended tentitively 11/10/09.  I had intercourse on 11/14/09 and yesterday started cramping.  In 9/09 I had a miscarriage.  The cramping I felt was the same I am feeling right now.  In 9/09 I found out within 14 days post conception.  I went to the doctor today and found that my HCG levels were 32, and my progesterone was 1.3.  The person that I spoke to said that they had talked to a doctor and they said that they are pretty sure that I am having a miscarriage.  I asked why and she showed me my levels.  I saw them and I said is it that low because I am soooo early.  She said it may be but there is only one other person that she has seen have progesterone levels that low and have actually sustain the pregnancy.  Well at the same ob in 2007 I had an ectopic pregnancy.  At that point they said it might be because my progesterone was so low.  About 6 months later(my son ws born in 1/08) I got pregnant and found out about 4 weeks.  They started me on progesterone and said it was because my levels were so low and they wanted to get them up.  I stopped taking them at 24 weeks.  I asked (today) if I should be on progesterone and they said that that was a question for the doctor and to come back on Monday and see where my levels are and then ask to make an appointment with the doctor to see if I need further testing.  

Now I wonder a couple of things and this would be where someone could help me.
1.  Should I have started progesterone prior to getting pregnant (so next time if this is a miscarriage then I would know and be able to prevent this from happening next time.)?
2.  Is there any natrual things (foods, etc) I could take next time to produce progesterone?

Thanks to anyone who responds, just curious.......