Miscarriages Community
I am really confused!!! 1.3 progesterone level, 32 HCG and 5 days since...

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I am really confused!!! 1.3 progesterone level, 32 HCG and 5 days since conception

I need help.  My LMP was 11/6/09 and ended tentitively 11/10/09.  I had intercourse on 11/14/09 and yesterday started cramping.  In 9/09 I had a miscarriage.  The cramping I felt was the same I am feeling right now.  In 9/09 I found out within 14 days post conception.  I went to the doctor today and found that my HCG levels were 32, and my progesterone was 1.3.  The person that I spoke to said that they had talked to a doctor and they said that they are pretty sure that I am having a miscarriage.  I asked why and she showed me my levels.  I saw them and I said is it that low because I am soooo early.  She said it may be but there is only one other person that she has seen have progesterone levels that low and have actually sustain the pregnancy.  Well at the same ob in 2007 I had an ectopic pregnancy.  At that point they said it might be because my progesterone was so low.  About 6 months later(my son ws born in 1/08) I got pregnant and found out about 4 weeks.  They started me on progesterone and said it was because my levels were so low and they wanted to get them up.  I stopped taking them at 24 weeks.  I asked (today) if I should be on progesterone and they said that that was a question for the doctor and to come back on Monday and see where my levels are and then ask to make an appointment with the doctor to see if I need further testing.  

Now I wonder a couple of things and this would be where someone could help me.
1.  Should I have started progesterone prior to getting pregnant (so next time if this is a miscarriage then I would know and be able to prevent this from happening next time.)?
2.  Is there any natrual things (foods, etc) I could take next time to produce progesterone?

Thanks to anyone who responds, just curious.......
Have you had a cd3 and cd19 p4 tested to say that you do in fact have low progesterone?   Many doctors will start you on progesterone after at least two consec blood test with low p4 and a positive bhcg test.  I got pregnant back in Oct last year and my p4 was low.  I started to m/c with my 6th m/c and they put me on progesterone.  It substained the pregnancy but I still m/c later on.  I got pregnant again in June and my p4 was at 26 which was great.  Still m/c a week later.   Each one has been different.  If you have a history of reoccuring m/c's early on some drs will put you on progesterone supps from ovulation time until you start your cycle.  Once your cycle starts you stop until you ovulate again.  It can be risky since it can sometimes result in the woman having a tubal pregnancy so this is why they normally will wait until a positive bhcg test before having you start progesterone supps.  

I've been told to eat a lot of green leafy veggies to help with progesterone.  Some women also will go to the health store and buy a natural progesterone cream to use.  Just be careful on how much and when you do use it so you don't mess up your cycles or your natural hormones.